- 3 hrs ago Omega Seiki Electric Three-Wheelers With Log 9 Battery Pack Takes 30 Minutes For Full Charge
- 5 hrs ago Piaggio India Opens 100 dealerships In 100 Days: A New Milestone Achieved!
- 5 hrs ago White Carbon Motors GT5 Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago The Largest Business Jet Gets Features From Rafale Fighter: Dassault Falcon 10X Unveiled
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam 3: Dimpal Bhal Is Back; The Mohanlal Show To Get An Extension?
- News Thane: Pet turtle dies after falling from 20th floor, owner booked
- Sports IPL 2021: When Kuldeep Yadav felt he wasn't the same bowler he used to be
- Finance 11 Top 5G Tech Stocks To Invest In India 2021 Which May Become Multibaggers In This Decade
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas’ Goddess Kali Jacket Has Gone Viral; Some Don’t Like It But We Love It; Details Inside!
- Education Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Know The Significance Behind The Celebration Of This Festival
- Travel Places To Visit In Puducherry In May 2021
- Technology Poco M3 Pro 5G Launch Scheduled On May 19; Another Rebranded Redmi Smartphone?
Toyota Kirloskar Motors (TKM) has announced its sales figures for April 2021. According to the sales report, the company has registered 9,622 units in domestic sales in the last month. The company has shown Month-on-Month degrowth in April.
The company had registered a total of 15,0001 units of domestic sales in the month of March 2021. This around 55 less compared to the sales from the last month. As a result, the company has shown a decline in sales in India.
However, several reasons are affecting the low sales figures in April 2021. Toyota's manufacturing facility was under complete shutdown during the last week of April. The company had announced the shutdown to allow for annual maintenance work at its production facilities.
Mr Naveen Soni, Sr. Vice President, TKM, said, "At the outset, we express our solidarity and continued support for the community at this hour of peril. Given the current situation and considering all those who have been impacted by the second wave of the pandemic, what is most important to TKM is the wellbeing and safety of our employees, dealer & supplier staff and the community at large. Despite the challenges, we continue to witness good demand owing to personal mobility needs and the same has helped us clock 9622 units of wholesales in April 2021."
He further added, "We have been able to partially fulfil pending orders by making use of the pipeline finished goods inventory, to ensure minimal discomfort to our customers. However, partial lockdown in different parts of the country has enhanced the gap between wholesale and retail. Also, sporadic lockdowns impacting different states & cities for varying durations have increased logistical challenges to supply the right vehicle to the right dealership and at the right time. We are trying our best to work around such logistical challenges to be able to meet customer requirements at the earliest."
Because of the ongoing second wave of Covid-19 pandemic, Mr Soni further added, "As we see it, our prime responsibility at the moment is to secure the health of our employees, their families and other stakeholders. We have set standard processes of disinfecting the workplace and common areas on daily basis ensuring safety at all times. Only a limited number of employees as permissible by the rules of social distancing, are engaged in essential jobs & activities at the plant."
"Moreover, we are continuously educating our employees on appropriate COVID-19 guidelines to be followed while at work and also in their personal lives. We are also prepared to divert our oxygen supplies to the Karnataka health department if the need arises."
Thoughts About Toyota Car Sales Report For April 2021
Toyota has reduced its manufacturing operations last month, which has affected the production numbers. This has also impacted the sales figures for the brand in April 2021. However, the Toyota Innova and Fortuner will continue to carry the brand onwards in the Indian market.