- 13 hrs ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 14 hrs ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 16 hrs ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- 18 hrs ago 2021 Maruti Suzuki Swift Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Read More To Find Out!
- Technology Starlink Coming To India Soon: Available For Pre-Order For $99
- News FCI Recruitment 2021: Now apply for AGM, Medical officer posts by March 31
- Movies Thalapathy 65: Sivakarthikeyan To Join The Vijay-Nelson Dilip Kumar Project?
- Sports ISL 2020-21: OFC vs SCEB: Odisha down East Bengal in 11-goal thriller
- Lifestyle Maha Shivratri 2021: Know Why People Offer Ganga Jal To Lord Shiva
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Education Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Exam 2021 Registration Begins
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Toyota has announced its sales figures for the month of January 2021. According to the sales report, the company has managed to register a massive 92 per cent growth in the domestic market.
Toyota has registered 11,126 units of sales in the month of January 2021, which is almost double compared to the 5804 units sold during the same month in 2020. This includes the Glanza and Urban Cruiser models, part of the Toyota-Suzuki alliance.
The company also announced that the Toyota-Suzuki Alliance also registered the achievement of a new milestone. Toyota stated that the alliance has now clocked over 50,000 units of sales in the Indian market, since its first product introduction.
The alliance between the two brands currently has two offerings, the Glanza and Urban Cruiser — based on the Maruti Suzuki Baleno and Vitara Brezza offerings, respectively. Both models have received a positive response in the Indian market, bringing in good sales numbers month-on-month.
Apart from the above two models, the Toyota Innova Crysta and the Fortuner offerings have also received a good response. Both models have also been updated in the Indian market recently, further boosting its sales in their respective segments.
Naveen Soni, Sr. Vice President TKM said,
"The new year started on a positive note for us and our sales growth stands testimony to the same. Our wholesales have been very encouraging and the booking orders have also witnessed a significant rise."
"We launched the new Fortuner and Legender in the New Year to cater to the growing aspirations of our loyal customers who are seeking more style, comfort, and performance."
"We are humbled by the tremendous customer response for both the models, which shows in the continued trust and confidence in the Fortuner, which has been the segment leader since its launch more than a decade ago."
"Moreover, the new Innova Crysta launched in November last year, has also received an overwhelming response from the market."
He also mentioned, "Last month, we also achieved a significant milestone of clocking total sales of over 50,000 units for the Toyota-Suzuki alliance models, Glanza & the Urban Cruiser, ever since the launch of Glanza in June 2019. Both the models have proved their popularity in their respective segments and have also allowed us to welcome many new customers into the Toyota family."
Thoughts On The Toyota Car Sales Report For January 2021
Toyota has managed to start off 2021 on a positive note. The introduction of the updated Fortuner and Innova Crysta models, with the success of the Glanza and Urban Cruiser, have helped boost Toyota's sales. The company will be hoping to carry forward the momentum in the coming months as well.