- 1 hr ago Hero Bikes & Scooters Price Hike Announced: New Prices Effective From July 2021
- 17 hrs ago Volvo India Introduces Subscription Plans — Here’s How You Can Subscribe To A Volvo Car In India
- 22 hrs ago Dubai Police Gets The New Toyota Land Cruiser LC300 — Rugged Workhorse Added To Exotic Fleet
- 24 hrs ago 2021 Duster Facelift Revealed: Will Renault Bring The New Duster To India?
- News Federal US court all set for in-person extradition hearing of Tahawwur Rana in Los Angeles
- Finance S&P Cuts India's FY22 Growth Forecast To 9.5 Per Cent
- Sports WTC Final: Taylor, Southee and retiring Watling rejoice after World Test Championship win
- Movies Kirti Kulhari Recalls Being Replaced Overnight In A South Film While Battling Depression; 'It Was Scary'
- Education Karnataka SSLC Exams 2021 Likely To Be Conducted In 3rd Week Of July, Check Details
- Technology Nokia X10, Nokia X20 India Launch Could Be Nearing: A Rival To Chinese 5G Offerings?
- Lifestyle Sherni Promotions: Vidya Balan Shows Flower Power In Her Stylish Dress, Pretty Palazzo Set And Lovely Saree
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In July
Automotive sales have dipped slightly in April 2021 as compared to March 2021. This is because of the ongoing second wave of Covid-19 virus spread in the country. To curb the rising issue, most states had announced the lockdown in the country. As a result, automotive sales have decreased in the last month.
According to the report from Autopunditz, here is a list of the top 25 cars sold in the country in the month of April 2021. Taking the number one spot in the list is the Maruti Suzuki WagonR with a total sales of 18,565. This is 101 units less as compared to the sales of the hatchback in the month of March 2021.
The WagonR has taken over the top spot from the Maruti Suzuki Swift, which is now placed second on the list. A total of 18,316 units have been sold last month, which is over 15 per cent less than the sales from March 2021.
Completing the podium and the third spot on the list is the Maruti Suzuki Alto. The entry-level hatchback registered sales of 17,303 units in April — 98 units less as compared to the sales from March.
Proving its total dominance in car sales last month, Maruti Suzuki's models Baleno and Dzire complete the top five list in fourth and fifth, respectively. Baleno registered a negative Month-on-Month growth of over 22 per cent. While the Dzire is the only model to have shown an increase in sales out of the top five top-selling cars from last month.
The sixth and the seventh spot in the list is taken by the Creta and the i10 Grand NIOS models from the South Korean brand, Hyundai. Both have registered 12,463 units and 11,540 units in sales from the last month, respectively.
The dominant Maruti Suzuki has managed to squeeze in two other models, the Eeco and the Vitara Brezza in the eighth and tenth spot, respectively. While Hyundai's Venue compact-SUV is placed in the 9th spot in between the two Maruti Suzuki models. As a result, Maruti Suzuki has a total of 7 models in the top-10 cars sales in April 2021.
Continuing the list of top-25 models, the 11th and the 13th spot again belong to Maruti Suzuki Ertiga and the S-Presso with 8,644 units and 7,738 units sales, respectively. However, the Kia Seltos and the Kia Sonet with 8,086 units and 7,724 units have been placed in 12th and 14th place.
|7||Hyundai i10 Grand Nios||11,540||11,020||4.7|
|10||Maruti Vitara Brezza||11,220||11,274||-0.5|
|24||Toyota Innova Crysta||3,600||5,743||-37.3|
Completing the 15th spot is the Tata Nexon, which is also the fourth best-selling compact SUV in the month of April. The Nexon has registered a total sales of 6,938 units.
Despite being dominant in sales Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors and more have suffered Month-on-Month degrowth because of the current Covid-19 situation in the country.
The Tata Nexon is followed by the Tiago and the Altroz in 16th and 17th spot on the list. The Tiago and the Altroz have registered 6,656 units and 6,649 units respectively.
Mahindra enters the top-25 car sales list in the 18th spot with the brand's best selling SUV, the Bolero. The workhorse has registered a total of 6,152 units in the last month. This is an M-o-M decrease of almost 31 per cent.
Hyundai and Maruti Suzuki place the i20 and the Ignis models inside the top 20 cars sold in the month of April 2021. The i20 has registered monthly degrowth of nearly 45 per cent and while the Ignis sales have grown by 3.7 per cent.
Moving to the final five models from the top 25 car sales list for April 2021. The 21st spot is taken by the Mahindra XUV300. The compact-SUV offering from Mahindra has registered the maximum monthly growth of just over 60 per cent among all the top 25 cars sold last month.
Registering their mark in the top 25 car sales list for April 2021 are brands Honda, Ford and Toyota. The Amaze, the EcoSport and Innova Crysta are placed in 22nd, 23rd and 24th place in the sales chart. Completing the top 25 cars sales for the month of April is the Mahindra Scorpio. The SUV has registered a monthly growth of over 53 per cent.
Thoughts About The Top-Selling Cars In India In April 2021
The second wave of Covid-19 virus spread has affected sales of cars in the month of April. With the situation getting worse in the country by the minute, we expected the automotive sales to take a hit in May as well. Despite the current condition, Maruti Suzuki continues to reign over other four-wheeler passenger car brands in the country.