- 3 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports Two Million Vehicles From India: Read More To Find Out
- 18 hrs ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 19 hrs ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 21 hrs ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- News Need for effective testing, comprehensive tracking: Centre tells states
- Sports India vs England: Australia spinner Nathan Lyon slams those 'crying over' turning Motera pitch in 3rd Test
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Movies Parineeti Chopra's Saina: Makers Eyeing For A Theatrical Release; Read Details
- Technology Zili App: What Is Zili App? How To Download And Use Zili App On Jio Phone, Android, iPhone?
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Education Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Exam 2021 Registration Begins
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
The past week witnessed a number of updates in the Indian four-wheeler industry. From Tesla finally entering the Indian market by registering an R&D centre to Tata Motors announcing the unveiling of the Altroz iTurbo, to Aston Martin launching its first-ever SUV, the DBX in India; among many others.
Arranged in no particular order, here are our top-five headlines which grabbed the most attention in the previous week:
Tesla R&D Unit Registered In Bengaluru, India
After many speculations and rumours, Tesla is finally set to enter the Indian market. The company will soon be starting operations of its new R&D unit, set up in Bengaluru, Karnataka. The R&D unit has been registered under the name ‘Tesla India Motor & Energy Private Limited', with its office located at Lavelle Road — here are the details.
BMW 2 Series 220i M Sport Launched In India
BMW has launched the new petrol variant of their 2 Series sedan, called the 220i M Sport. The new BMW 2 Series 220i carries forward all the same features, equipment and styling from its diesel-counterpart, with only the engine being the differentiating factor. The BMW 2 Series 220i comes powered by a 2.0-litre TwinPower Turbo petrol engine producing 190bhp and 280Nm of peak torque — here are the details.
Tata Altroz iTurbo Unveiled: Bookings Open
Tata Motors has finally unveiled their much-awaited Altroz iTurbo model for the Indian market. The new Tata Altroz iTurbo will come powered by a de-tuned version of the same 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine powering the Nexon.
The engine on the premium hatchback produces 108bhp and 140Nm of peak torque and is mated to a five-speed manual. The company has also started accepting bookings for the same — here are the details.
Aston Martin DBX Launched In India
Aston Martin has launched its first-ever DBX in the Indian market for a price tag of Rs 3.82 crore, ex-showroom (India). The DBX SUV features all the signature elements of its supercars, while also combining practicality. The Aston Martin DBX is powered by a 4.0-litre V8 producing 542bhp and 700Nm of peak torque, mated to a nine-speed automatic — here are the details.
Tata Safari Unveiled: Production Begins At Pune Facility
Tata Motors announced the start of production of its upcoming Safari hatchback at its Pune facility. The company rolled out the first retail-ready Tata Safari, while also unveiling the exterior design and details of the SUV — check out all the details here.
Thoughts On The Top Car News Of The Week
Here was our pick of all the top headlines from the four-wheeler industry from last week. The auto industry is off to a strong start in 2021, with January already confirmed to be packed with surprises.