- 1 hr ago Mahindra XUV700 Spied Testing Ahead Of Its India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 3 hrs ago Honda H’Ness CB350 Prices Hiked Again In India: New Variant-Wise Price List
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace Facelift Teaser Image Revealed
- 16 hrs ago Top-Selling Cars In India In April 2021: Maruti Suzuki WagonR Takes Top Slot, Followed By Swift & Alto
- Movies Sonu Sood Expresses Grief Over COVID-19 Patient's Death Whom He Had Got Airlifted To Hyderabad
- News Kejriwal demands 2.6 crore vaccine doses for inoculation of all in Delhi in next 3 months
- Finance Aadhaar Update: UIDAI Reveals 2 New Ways To Check Aadhaar Card Status
- Sports Familiar foes: Man City and Chelsea get set for latest Champions League final rehearsal
- Technology COVID-19 Vaccine Registration Gets Four-Digit Code: How To Register On CoWIN?
- Education CBSE 'Dost for Life' App Launched For Well-being Of Students
- Lifestyle Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Surprising Benefits Of Gold For Your Health And Beauty
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
The top-10 list of best-selling cars in India for the month of March 2021 is here, and it is a clear indication of growth in the automotive industry. The sales growth of Individual models has also gone up substantially with Hyundai i10 recording the highest sales growth at 157%, but it still stands at 9th position by the total volume of sales.
However, the top 10 positions are shared by just two brands. Seven of the top 10 best-selling cars are manufactured by Maruti Suzuki, while the other three are manufactured by Hyundai. Unsurprisingly, it is the Maruti Suzuki Swift which took the top slot with 21,714 units being sold in March 2021 which is a 153 percent growth compared to March 2020.
It is closely followed by the Maruti Suzuki Baleno with 21,217 units sold in March 2021. This corresponds to 86 percent growth when compared to March 2020. With 18,757 units sold in March 2021, the third position was comfortably taken by the Maruti Suzuki WagonR, thereby recording a 105 percent growth.
Maruti Suzuki sold 17,401 units of the Alto in March 2021 taking it to the fourth position in terms of sales numbers. However, this corresponds to the lowest growth of 61 percent. Even though Hyundai Creta costs significantly more than any car in this list, it doesn't stop Hyundai from conquering the 5th spot with 12,640 units of Creta being sold. This corresponds to an 88% growth.
The Maruti Suzuki Eeco takes the 6th spot with 11,547 units sold and at the 7th position is the Maruti Suzuki Dzire with a sales figure of 11,434 units. The 8th spot is taken by the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza with sales of 11,274 units.
Hyundai takes 9th and 10th place on the list with 11,020 units of the i10 Grand sold 10,722 units of the Venue sold in March 2021. Sales of the i10 Grand have grown the most when compared to march 2020. The hatchback has posted a growth figure of 157 percent.
|8||Maruti Vitara Brezza||11274||5513||104|
|9||Hyundai Grand i10||11020||4293||157|
Thoughts On The Top 10 Best-Selling Cars In India For March 2021
March 2020 was a tough month for the automotive industry in India. The BS6 emissions norms were to come into force from April and there was some chaos caused by it that disrupted sales. Also, March 2020 was when the lockdown came into force across the nation and this disrupted sales like never before. Hence, we're seeing huge increases in sales percentage when compared with 2020.