- 5 hrs ago Amara Raja Batteries Restarts Production After 10 Days: Amaron Is Back In Business
- 6 hrs ago Royal Enfield Sultan 650 Concept Based On Interceptor 650 Revealed By Neev Motorcycles
- 6 hrs ago Yamaha Temporarily Shuts Down Production Facilities In India Due To Rising In Covid-19 Cases
- 6 hrs ago Tata Cars Offer & Discounts For May 2021: Here Are The Model-Wise Benefits
- News Centre eases procurement norms of medical supplies for various ministries
- Movies Jamai Raja Fame Ravi Dubey Tests Positive For Coronavirus; Shares Post On Social Media
- Sports Bengaluru FC returns from Maldives, goes into mandatory quarantine
- Finance Understanding ‘A', ‘B', ‘Z', ‘T' And ‘S' Group Of Stocks On BSE
- Technology Xiaomi Patents Internal Flip Camera Smartphone; When To Expect Its Launch?
- Education Assam Class 11 Exams 2021 Cancelled, AHSEC Promotes Students Without Exams
- Lifestyle Kate Middleton And Meghan Markle Make A Strong Case For Red! Whose Outfit Did You Like More?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
The top-10 list of best-selling cars in India for the month of March 2021 is here, and it is a clear indication of growth in the automotive industry. The sales growth of Individual models has also gone up substantially with Hyundai i10 recording the highest sales growth at 157%, but it still stands at 9th position by the total volume of sales.
However, the top 10 positions are shared by just two brands. Seven of the top 10 best-selling cars are manufactured by Maruti Suzuki, while the other three are manufactured by Hyundai. Unsurprisingly, it is the Maruti Suzuki Swift which took the top slot with 21,714 units being sold in March 2021 which is a 153 percent growth compared to March 2020.
It is closely followed by the Maruti Suzuki Baleno with 21,217 units sold in March 2021. This corresponds to 86 percent growth when compared to March 2020. With 18,757 units sold in March 2021, the third position was comfortably taken by the Maruti Suzuki WagonR, thereby recording a 105 percent growth.
Maruti Suzuki sold 17,401 units of the Alto in March 2021 taking it to the fourth position in terms of sales numbers. However, this corresponds to the lowest growth of 61 percent. Even though Hyundai Creta costs significantly more than any car in this list, it doesn't stop Hyundai from conquering the 5th spot with 12,640 units of Creta being sold. This corresponds to an 88% growth.
The Maruti Suzuki Eeco takes the 6th spot with 11,547 units sold and at the 7th position is the Maruti Suzuki Dzire with a sales figure of 11,434 units. The 8th spot is taken by the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza with sales of 11,274 units.
Hyundai takes 9th and 10th place on the list with 11,020 units of the i10 Grand sold 10,722 units of the Venue sold in March 2021. Sales of the i10 Grand have grown the most when compared to march 2020. The hatchback has posted a growth figure of 157 percent.
|8||Maruti Vitara Brezza||11274||5513||104|
|9||Hyundai Grand i10||11020||4293||157|
Thoughts On The Top 10 Best-Selling Cars In India For March 2021
March 2020 was a tough month for the automotive industry in India. The BS6 emissions norms were to come into force from April and there was some chaos caused by it that disrupted sales. Also, March 2020 was when the lockdown came into force across the nation and this disrupted sales like never before. Hence, we're seeing huge increases in sales percentage when compared with 2020.