- 12 hrs ago Hyundai Creta SX Executive Variant: Details Leaked Ahead Of India Launch
- 1 day ago New Lexus NX SUV Revealed Globally: India Launch Likely
- 1 day ago New Driving Licence Rules: Here’s How To Apply Learner Licence Online
- 1 day ago Audi e-Tron Arrives At Showrooms; India Launch On The Cards!
- News Nirmal Kaur, Milkha Singh's wife, dies due to COVID-19 complications
- Sports Big challenge coming up: Tom Latham on WTC final against India
- Education AP TET Syllabus 2021 Released, Notification Expected Soon
- Finance 8 Stocks To Be In News Or Buy On Monday, June 14, 2021
- Movies Hrithik Roshan Extends His Support To A Foundation And Donates Masks To Frontline Warriors
- Technology Week 24, 2021 Launch Roundup: iQOO Z3 5G, OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Nokia C20 Plus, Realme C25s And More
- Lifestyle Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi’s Pyjama Set Is A Vibrant Outfit For Dull Mornings; Find Its Price Inside!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In June
Tesla is all set to launch the Model 3, which will be its first electric car in the Indian market. The company is working on setting up its operations in the country including plots for showroom space. Now, ahead of its launch, the Model 3 has been spied testing in the country.
The spy image from Car Crazy India showcases a test mule wearing no camouflage. The blue paint schemes are one of the many colour options available on the Model 3 internationally.
The reason the electric car test mule is not camouflaged because it is most likely have been imported from the brand's Gigafactory in Shanghai, China. Initially, Indian customers will be receiving the (CBUs) Completely Built-Up units of the Model 3 from the same factory.
Tesla Model 3
Tesla's entry-level Model 3 electric car features a driving range of over 500 kilometres on a single charge, depending on the variant. It also features good performance figures with 0 to 100km/h acceleration time rated at under 3.5 seconds.
Along with the enhanced practicality with a long driving range, the Tesla Model 3 also comes packed with features. The highlight cabin is its large centrally-mounted tablet-inspired touchscreen infotainment display. It will provide the driver with a host of stats including charge status and nearby charging stations.
The Tesla Model 3 is expected to be offered in four variants. This includes Standard Range and Standard Range Plus, with rear-wheel-drive, and Long Range and Long Range Performance, that feature all-wheel-drive.
Tesla India Updates
Tesla is looking for commercial properties as large as 20,000-30,000 square feet each. To complete the search, the company has also hired an executive to ensure everything is set up ahead of its planned entry into the country. Showrooms are expected to open in Delhi, Mumbai & Bangalore — here are more details.
The Chief Minister of Karnataka B.S. Yeddyurappa, earlier confirmed that Tesla will also be setting up a manufacturing facility in the State of Karnataka. However, the location and more details are yet to be known.
Tesla has now registered its first office and R&D centre in Bengaluru. The news has come to light via a government document that provides more information about the newly registered office. It is registered under the name "TESLA INDIA MOTORS AND ENERGY PRIVATE LIMITED".
Thoughts About The Tesla Model 3 Spied Testing In India Ahead Of Launch
The launch of the Tesla electric cars is the most talked about and anticipated event in the Indian Automotive Industry. Due to the growing demand for electric vehicles, the company is all set to start retailing its cars in the Indian market. The recent spotting of the Model 3 test mule further marks its imminent launch in the country.