- 10 hrs ago Royal Enfield Continental GT Cup Announced; GT-R650 Race Bike Revealed
- 16 hrs ago BMW C 400 GT Teaser Video Released; Comes With 34 Bhp 350cc Engine
- 20 hrs ago New Honda BR-V Revealed; Comes With ADAS And Many Other Advanced Features
- 24 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Style Variant Gets Updated; Kushaq Style Variant Now Receives 6 Airbags & TPMS
- Movies Super Dancer Chapter 4 Welcomes Hema Malini, Poonam Dhillon, Padmini Kolhapure This Weekend Episode
- Technology Moto Tab G20 India Launch Likely Set For September 30: Design, Specs Leak
- Lifestyle 11 Natural Energy Drinks You Can Make At Home
- News Kamala Harris meeting PM Modi is 'coming of age' moment for Indian diaspora, says her home state newspaper
- Sports Is Rohit Sharma playing on Thursday against KKR? Here's update about MI captain!
- Finance 1 NBFC, 1 Pharma Stock To Buy For Quick Gains, As Suggested By HDFC Securities
- Education NIOS Practical Hall Ticket 2021 Released For Oct-Nov Examination
- Travel 7 Amazing Indian Beaches For Families
Tesla is all set to launch the Model 3, which will be its first electric car in the Indian market. The company is working on setting up its operations in the country including plots for showroom space. Now, ahead of its launch, the Model 3 has been spied testing in the country.
The spy image from Car Crazy India showcases a test mule wearing no camouflage. The blue paint schemes are one of the many colour options available on the Model 3 internationally.
The reason the electric car test mule is not camouflaged because it is most likely have been imported from the brand's Gigafactory in Shanghai, China. Initially, Indian customers will be receiving the (CBUs) Completely Built-Up units of the Model 3 from the same factory.
Tesla Model 3
Tesla's entry-level Model 3 electric car features a driving range of over 500 kilometres on a single charge, depending on the variant. It also features good performance figures with 0 to 100km/h acceleration time rated at under 3.5 seconds.
Along with the enhanced practicality with a long driving range, the Tesla Model 3 also comes packed with features. The highlight cabin is its large centrally-mounted tablet-inspired touchscreen infotainment display. It will provide the driver with a host of stats including charge status and nearby charging stations.
The Tesla Model 3 is expected to be offered in four variants. This includes Standard Range and Standard Range Plus, with rear-wheel-drive, and Long Range and Long Range Performance, that feature all-wheel-drive.
Tesla India Updates
Tesla is looking for commercial properties as large as 20,000-30,000 square feet each. To complete the search, the company has also hired an executive to ensure everything is set up ahead of its planned entry into the country. Showrooms are expected to open in Delhi, Mumbai & Bangalore — here are more details.
The Chief Minister of Karnataka B.S. Yeddyurappa, earlier confirmed that Tesla will also be setting up a manufacturing facility in the State of Karnataka. However, the location and more details are yet to be known.
Tesla has now registered its first office and R&D centre in Bengaluru. The news has come to light via a government document that provides more information about the newly registered office. It is registered under the name "TESLA INDIA MOTORS AND ENERGY PRIVATE LIMITED".
Thoughts About The Tesla Model 3 Spied Testing In India Ahead Of Launch
The launch of the Tesla electric cars is the most talked about and anticipated event in the Indian Automotive Industry. Due to the growing demand for electric vehicles, the company is all set to start retailing its cars in the Indian market. The recent spotting of the Model 3 test mule further marks its imminent launch in the country.