- 1 hr ago Upcoming Jeep Seven-Seater Spied Testing Once Again Ahead Of Launch: Details & More!
- 2 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Electric To Launch In Hyderabad & Chennai: New Cities Added!
- 2 hrs ago Royal Enfield Supports Silent Expedition Motorcycle Ride For A Cause; Provides Meteor 350 Motorcycles
- 3 hrs ago Honda Increases The Prices Of The Fifth Gen City, Amaze, Jazz & WR-V: Here Are The New Prices
- Education FMGE Exam 2021: NBE Begins Registration For FMGE June 2021 Session
- Movies Yuh-Jung Youn Opens Up About Her Viral BAFTA Awards Speech, ‘Hello, Britain, Forgive Me'
- Sports IPL 2021: Lara expects Padikkal to prove his mettle
- Finance Digital Currency: Why Do Central Banks Want to Launch CBDC?
- News Light showers likely to cool Delhi temperature
- Technology Premium Smartphone Sales Might Decline Due To Delhi Lockdown
- Lifestyle Airport Fashion: Amyra Dastur And Taapsee Pannu Flaunt Comfy And Eye-Catching Traditional Outfits
- Travel Google Maps And Search Now Shows Covid-19 Vaccination Locations In India
Tata Motors has announced the launch of the XTA variant of its Tiago hatchback in the Indian market. The new Tata Tiago XTA variant is priced at Rs 5.99 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
As the name suggests, the new variant is the AMT-equipped version of the XT variant in the Tiago hatchback's lineup. With the addition of the new XTA variant, the Tata Tiago now offers the AMT automatic gearbox with a total of four trim levels, further increasing the options for their customers.
The new Tata Tiago XTA variant will also carry forward the same feature and equipment list as the ‘XT' trim. This includes a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system, 15-inch alloy wheels, automatic climate control, digital instrument cluster and many more.
The Tata Tiago itself has been a very successful product for the brand in the Indian market, ever since its launch in 2016.
Over the years, the hatchback has received a number of updates, with the latest being the BS6-iteration back in 2020.
This model also received a host of safety updates, which saw the Tiago secure an impressive 4-star rating at the Global NCAP safety tests.
Apart from the addition of the AMT gearbox, no other changes have been made to the Tata Tiago. The hatchback continues to be powered by the same 1.2-litre naturally-aspirated petrol engine producing 85bhp and 113Nm of peak torque. The engine comes mated to either a five-speed manual or the new five-speed AMT automatic gearbox option.
Commenting on the introduction of this new variant, Vivek Srivatsa, Head Marketing, Passenger Vehicle Business Unit (PVBU), Tata Motors said,
"Fulfilling our brand promise of staying New Forever, we are constantly listening and gathering feedback from the market. The Tiago has received tremendous market response from across regions. Furthermore, the automatic transmission (AT) segment in India is booming and the same has been proven in the sales of Tiago as well."
He further added, "Acknowledging the increasing preference for ATs we are excited to introduce the XTA version to the range and are confident that this new variant will not only give us a competitive edge in the mid-hatch segment but will also provide customers with accessible options to choose from at every price point."
Thoughts On The New Tata Tiago XTA Variant Launch In India
The new Tata Tiago XTA variant helps the brand expand its lineup, offering more options to its customers in the segment. The Tata Tiago continues to rival the likes of the Ford Figo, Maruti Suzuki Swift and the Datsun GO in the Indian market.