- 9 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 10 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 10 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 11 hrs ago FAME II Certification Validity Extended: Will It Benefit EV Market In India?
- Movies Vakeel Saab Day 6 Box Office Collection: Here’s How Much Pawan Kalyan Starrer Has Earned So Far
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Days 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Mobiles
- Sports IPL 2021: Glenn Maxwell likens Royal Challengers Bangalore role to one at Australia
- News Pakistan working on single-dose COVID-19 vaccine with China’s help: Official
- Finance How to find IFSC Code?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
- Lifestyle Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
Tata Motors is currently working on the CNG models of Tiago and Tigor for the Indian market. The homegrown automaker is now looking to expand the Tiago and Tigor range by adding CNG-powered variants to the line-up. Both the cars were spotted testing earlier on our roads.
However, according to the latest report by CarandBike, the CNG variants of the Tiago and Tigor were spotted testing under heavy wraps while performing road tests in the ghat region towards Lonavala, Maharashtra. Tata Motors is expected to launch both these models sometime later this year.
As seen in the spy pictures, both the models are likely to be based on the facelifted models of Tiago and Tigor. However, we don't expect any dimensions or design changes on the cars. As seen in the images, the Tata Tiago CNG appears to be a mid-trim variant featuring multi-spoke alloy wheels, whereas the Tigor looks-like a lower-variant as it is running on steel rims.
The updated BS6 versions of Tiago and Tigor get a tri-arrow theme on the grille, projector headlamps, LED DRLs, fog lamps, shark fin antenna, LED high mount stop lamp, LED taillights and many more.
Powering both the Tiago and Tigor CNG the same 1.2-litre Revotron petrol engine. The unit is capable of producing 85bhp of power and a peak torque of 113Nm. Both the cars will come paired with either a 5-speed manual or 5-speed automated manual transmission (AMT).
Thoughts About The Tata Tiago And Tigor CNG Getting Spied
In recent times, the petrol engine has become a popular choice for car buyers in the Indian market as the diesel mills age getting discontinued due to the emission norms. However, when launched, the Tiago CNG will compete against the likes of the Maruti Suzuki WagonR CNG, Hyundai Santro CNG and others and the Tigor CNG will go up against the likes of the Hyundai Aura CNG.