- 12 hrs ago MG Motor Converts The Hector Plus SUV Into Covid-19 Mobile Testing Unit: Read More To Find Out!
- 13 hrs ago Wardwizard Innovations & Mobility Partners With Bajaj Allianz To Offer Insurance Policies To Joy e-Bike Buyers
- 14 hrs ago Nissan CSD Cars List, Discounts & Offers: Here Are The Model-Wise Prices
- 15 hrs ago Force Gurkha Teased On Social Media — Here’s What We Can Expect From The Off-Roader
- Technology Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Redmi Note 10, Poco X3 Pro, Galaxy A12 And More
- Movies Exclusive: Aamir Khan On Lagaan's Making, The Oscars Loss, And How Ex-Wife Reena Deserves Credit For The Film
- Sports Euro 2020: Poland 1-2 Slovakia: Skriniar secures shock Group E win
- News Delhi govt bans soaps, detergents not conforming to latest BIS parameters to curb pollution
- Finance 25 Common Errors Being Faced By Taxpayers On The New Income Tax Portal 2.0
- Lifestyle Kajal Aggarwal Flaunts Peach And Rani Pink Kurta Sets; Which Attire Did You Like More?
- Education From Harvard To Columbia: Top US Colleges Offering Online Courses
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In June 2021
Tata Motors is looking to enter the CNG market with a couple of models. The company had announced earlier that it will be offering several existing models with a factory-fitted CNG kit. The Tiago will is also expected to be one of the models to be offered with the CNG kit.
A video uploaded on YouTube showcases the Tiago hatchback testing without any camouflage. The test mule is believed to be a CNG variant of the hatchback. The company is expected to be testing the CNG models ahead of its launch in the country.
If launched the Tata Tiago will be the brand's entry-level CNG model offering in its line-up. The company is expected to price the Tiago CNG similar to its petrol-powered sibling. However, the CNG kit could be restricted to the entry-level and mid-spec variant of the hatchback.
The Tiago is currently available in six variant including the two automatic variants: XE, XT, XZ, XZ+, XZA, XZA+. The hatchback currently retails between Rs 4.99 lakh and Rs 6.95 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The CNG powertrain is expected to use the same petrol engine on the outgoing model of the hatchback. It is currently powered by the 1.2-litre, three-cylinder naturally aspirated engine. It produces a maximum of 85bhp and a peak torque of 113Nm.
The engine comes mated to either a five-speed manual or a five-speed AMT unit. The transmission options are expected to remain the same on the CNG models of the hatchback as well. It will also have a separate tank to hold the CNG, which is expected to be placed in the boot of the vehicle.
Apart from the factory-fitted CNG kit, no other changes are expected on the Tiago CNG inside and out. It will remain similar to the current petrol-powered model of the hatchback.
Some of the highlighted features of the Tiago includes 15-inch alloy wheels, a digital instrument cluster, a 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with support for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, automatic climate control, power-folding wing mirrors and more.
It comes equipped with best in class safety features such as dual airbags, (ABS) Anti-lock Braking System with (CSC) Corner Stability Control & (EBD) Electronic Brakeforce Distribution, rear parking assist and more as standard.
Thoughts About The Tata Tiago CNG Hatchback Spied Testing Ahead Of India
The popularity of CNG vehicles is increasing in the country. The company is looking to enter the segment and acquire some of the market shares by introducing a couple of model in the segment. Tata Motors' primary competitors Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai are already offering a host of models with factory-fitted CNG kit.