- 1 day ago Ford To Announce Settlement Packages For Its Employees; Plan To Shut Chennai Plant By 2022
- 1 day ago Volkswagen Taigun Launched In India At Rs 10.49 Lakh: All You Need To Know
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Continental GT Cup Announced; GT-R650 Race Bike Revealed
- 2 days ago BMW C 400 GT Teaser Video Released; Comes With 34 Bhp 350cc Engine
- Sports The no-ball controversy: Smriti Mandhana plays down the debatable umpire call in 2nd ODI
- News Seeds sown for even stronger friendship between US-India: Modi to Biden
- Movies Billie Eilish, BTS, Coldplay, Doja Cat & Others To Sizzle At Global Citizen Live; To Air On Zee Network
- Education CSE 2020 Final Result: UPSC Declares Civil Services 2020 Results, Shubham Kumar Tops The List. Check Details
- Technology Realme GT Neo2 India Launch Timeline Tipped; Expected Price, Features
- Finance Survey Finds Over Two-Thirds of Customers Willing To Switch To Digital Only Bank
- Travel World Tourism Day 2021: 5 Breathtaking Natural Wonders Of The World To See – Part 1
- Lifestyle Attending A Wedding Soon? Vidya Balan And Genelia Deshmukh Have Red Saree Goals For You!
Tata Motors announces Safari's 10,000 units production milestone in India. The company has achieved this new production milestone from its manufacturing facility in Pune within just 5 months from its launch this year.
The company rolled out its 100th flagship SUV back in February 2021, despite all the ongoing restrictions due to Covid-19. The remaining 9,900 units of the new Safari were rolled out in less than four months.
According to the company, the new Safari is one of the top-selling 6/7-seater SUVs in India that holds a market share of 25.2 per cent in its category. Additionally, they also stated that the Safari and the Harrier constitute to 41.2 per cent market share in the High SUV segment in Q1 FY22.
Speaking on this milestone, Mr Shailesh Chandra, President - Passenger Vehicles Business Unit, Tata Motors said, "We are thrilled to have reached this significant milestone for the new Safari in a span of four months. Not to mention, we have achieved this landmark during one of the toughest periods our country has endured in its long history. The 10000th feat validates the collective hard work put in by various teams responsible for the rebirth of this illustrious model."
He further added, "The Safari in its new avatar takes forward the brand's rich legacy by combining Tata Motors' Impact 2.0 design language with the proven capability of OMEGARC, the architecture derived from Land Rover's renowned D8 platform - the gold standard among SUVs worldwide. This iconic brand is already leading the segment and we are delighted with our customers' response. We thank our customers for their continued trust in the brand. We will continue to keep our New Forever range refreshed catering to the ever-evolving needs of our customers."
Currently, the Tata Safari retails between Rs 14.99 lakh and Rs 21.81 lakh for the top-spec Adventure persona variant.
The new Tata Safari is powered by the 2.0-litre diesel engine that does its duties on the Harrier. It produces a maximum of 168bhp and a peak torque of 350Nm. The engine comes mated to either a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque-converter automatic transmission.
Thoughts About The Tata Safari 10,000 Units Production Crossed In 5 Months Of India Launch
The brand's flagship has achieved a new production milestone despite the Covid-19 restriction earlier this year in the country. The Safari name carries a rich heritage and the latest production milestone stands in testament to that very fact in the country.