- 9 hrs ago Euler Motors Teases HiLoad Commercial EV Launch — Going Big From The Start
- 10 hrs ago Mini Electric India Launch Teased — Brit Icon Goes Green
- 10 hrs ago ebikeGo Rugged Gets 1 Lakh Bookings In 2 Months
- 11 hrs ago 10 New Tata Motors EVs To Arrive in The Next 4 Years - The REVolution is Here
- Technology Flipkart Big Diwali Sale 2021: Avail Best Discounts On Electronics Devices
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 October 25 Highlights: Wild Card Contestant Rajiv Adatia Makes An Entry In The House
- News Amit Shah spends night at CRPF camp in Pulwama; says will see a peaceful J&K 'in our lifetime'
- Sports T20 World Cup: Afghanistan crush Scotland in Super 12 rout
- Education AP SET Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Steps To Download AP SET Hall Ticket For State Eligibility Test Here
- Finance Bharti Airtel Confirms Accepting 4-Year Moratorium On Spectrum
- Travel Nagaland's Best Winter Destinations
- Lifestyle All You Need To Know About Mosquirix, The First Vaccine For Malaria Approved By The WHO
Tata Motors recently opened the bookings for the Tata Punch, and the company has a lot of expectations on the micro-SUV. However, with a starting price of 5.84 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi), the Tata Altroz also makes a strong statement for itself.
In this comparison, we shall look at five parameters to tell you which one you should buy according to your requirements.
Tata Punch and Tata Altroz couldn't look more different. Design-wise, while one is a micro-SUV, the other is a premium hatchback.
Starting with the newest car here, the Tata Punch looks the fresher out of the two. The design of the Tata Punch looks more rugged, thanks to its SUV silhouette and all-around back claddings.
On the other hand, the Tata Altroz looks very stylish and urban-friendly with its hatchback silhouette. Moreover, the Tata Altroz design looks far more premium compared to the rugged-looking Tata Punch.
2. Features & Convenience
Both the vehicles come with very similar equipment levels such as projector headlamps, auto headlights, rain-sensing wipers, cooled glove box, climate control, 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system and digital driver display, and many more.
However, Tata Altroz manages to offer a bit ‘extra' by offering features such as a bigger cooled glovebox, rear AC vents, more premium audio and ambient lighting.
However, Tata Punch being the newer vehicle gets an automatic transmission as an option and gets a unique ‘Terrain Pro' mode for better traction in loose surfaces.
Measuring at 3990x1755x1523mm (LxWxH), the Tata Altroz is 163mm longer and 13mm wider than the Tata Punch. Moreover, the Tata Altroz offers 56mm more wheelbase, which could translate into more legroom for rear passengers.
However, Tata Motors is offering the Tata Punch with 25 utility spaces in the cabin and a larger 366-litre boot(345-litre boot in the Tata Altroz).
As of now, the sole engine available in the Tata Punch is the 1.2-litre naturally-aspirated Revotron petrol engine. This engine makes 84.48 bhp at 6,000 rpm and 113 Nm of torque at 3,300 rpm.
This engine is either mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox or a 5-speed Automated Manual Transmission (AMT).
The Tata Altroz on the other hand comes with 3 different engine options. These engine options include two petrol and one diesel engine.
Staring with the petrol-powered engines, the 1.2-litre naturally-aspirated Revotron petrol engine is identical to the one in the Tata Punch, whereas the more powerful 1.2-litre turbocharged variant produces 108.48 bhp and 140 Nm of torque.
Whereas the diesel unit is a 1.5-litre 4-cylinder unit with 88.78 bhp and 200 Nm of torque. However, the Tata Altroz is offered only with a 5-speed manual gearbox.
Prices for the Tata Altroz start from Rs 5.84 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) for the base 1.2-litre Revotron model, whereas the top-of-the-line model is equipped with the same engine is priced at Rs 8.70 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
Though Tata Motors is yet to release the prices of Tata Punch, we expect it to be priced at Rs 20,000 to Rs 35,000 cheaper than the Tata Altroz.
Thoughts About Tata Punch & Tata Altroz
On paper, it is a close battle between the two sub-4m offerings from Tata Motors. Since both cars use the same ALFA platform, we expect the upcoming Tata Punch to also score a 5-star crash rating as the Tata Altroz.
In this comparison, it becomes clear that the Tata Altroz offers slightly more space and a 'premium' experience for its passengers, while the Tata Punch offers similar features as the Tata Altroz but in an SUV silhouette.