- 1 hr ago Revolt RV300 & RV400 Bookings Closed Again In Existing Cities: Here Are All Details
- 1 hr ago Skoda Kushaq And Volkswagen Taigun Spied Testing Together: Here's Everything You Need To know!
- 3 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny India Launch Timeline Revealed: Expected To Arrive Next Year!
- 14 hrs ago 2021 Volkswagen T-Roc Bookings & Deliveries Details Announced
- Finance Multibagger Stock Ideas To Buy In India 2021
- News Mizoram yet to contain African Swine Fever
- Movies 17 Years Of Arya! Allu Arjun Pens Heartfelt Notes On Instagram
- Technology Oppo Enco Air TWS Earphones, Band Vitality Edition Go Official; Price, Features
- Lifestyle Virasat Actress Pooja Batra Inspires Us To Style Up Our Wardrobe With Her Top 5 Dresses
- Sports COVID-19: Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma donate Rs 2 crore
- Education Madhya Pradesh Universities To Conduct Open Book Exams For UG, PG Courses
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Goa In May
Tata Motors has announced its highest ever domestic monthly sales in the last month with an increase of over 500 per cent. All passenger car offerings have contributed to the overall sales including the brand's top-selling green vehicle, the Nexon EV.
The company has announced that the Nexon EV sales have crossed the 4,000 units mark in the Indian market. The electric SUV has achieved this impressive feat within 14 months from its first launch in the country.
Apart from the new sales milestone, the Nexon EV has just posted its best-ever monthly and quarterly sales for the brand. The Nexon EV holds a 64 per cent market share in the passenger EV segment in the country.
Shailesh Chandra, President, Passenger Vehicles Business Unit, Tata Motors, said, "The company registered its highest ever monthly and quarterly sales of 705 EVs and 1,711 EVs in March 2021 and Q4 FY2021. The Nexon EV, the highest sold EV in the country, crossed the milestone of 4,000 units, since its launch in January 2020."
Tata Motors launched the Nexon EV back in January 2020. Due to its decent driving range, practicality and affordability, the electric SUV became a popular choice for EV buyers in the Indian market.
The Nexon EV achieved 1,000 units sales in August 2020, seven months after it was first launched. The SUV soon crossed the 2,000 units sales mark within 10 months from its launch. Four month later, the electric-SUV sales are doubled due to the rising demand for practical and affordable EVs in the country.
The Tata Nexon electric SUV is offered in three variants: XM, XZ+ & XZ+ LUX. The electric SUV retails at a starting price of Rs 13.99 lakh, while the XZ+ LUX top-spec variant costs Rs 16.40 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India).
The Nexon EV is powered by a 95kW electric motor, paired to a 30.2kWh lithium-ion battery pack. The electric powertrain produces 129bhp and 245Nm of peak torque with power sent to the front wheels.
The electric SUV features a claimed driving range of 312km on a single charge. The actual range can be slightly less depending on several factors and is expected to be rated between 250 and 300km.
The charge times for Nexon EV via a home charger are rated between 7 to 8 hours for a complete charge. While charing the SUV through a fast-charger can charge the batteries from 0 to 80% in just 60 mins. The electric SUV also features regenerative braking technology. It charges the batteries while braking resulting in an increased driving range.
Thoughts About The Tata Nexon EV Sales Crossing 4,000 Units Mark In India
The Nexon EV has been consistently outselling other electric SUV offerings in the country. The Nexon EV is the most affordable electric SUV on sale in the Indian market. Along with private buyers, several government organizations have also adopted green mobility, taking step towards saving the environment.