- 11 hrs ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 12 hrs ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 14 hrs ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- 17 hrs ago 2021 Maruti Suzuki Swift Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Read More To Find Out!
- Technology Week 9, 2021 Launch Roundup: Samsung Galaxy A32, Redmi K40 Pro+, Realme Narzo 30A And More
- News FCI Recruitment 2021: Now apply for AGM, Medical officer posts by March 31
- Movies Thalapathy 65: Sivakarthikeyan To Join The Vijay-Nelson Dilip Kumar Project?
- Sports ISL 2020-21: OFC vs SCEB: Odisha down East Bengal in 11-goal thriller
- Lifestyle Maha Shivratri 2021: Know Why People Offer Ganga Jal To Lord Shiva
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Education Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Exam 2021 Registration Begins
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
The Tata Nexon EV has seen significant growth across the southern region in India. Since its launch in January 2020, the company has registered a volume growth of over 300 per cent in South India, commanding a market share of about 77 per cent YTD (FY21). The Nexon EV sold maximum in Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, across 20 cities.
Commenting on the consistent growth and appreciation for Tata Nexon EV, Ramesh Dorairajan, Head - Sales, Marketing and Customer Car, Electric Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors, said, "The Nexon EV has been a game-changing product for us in the electric vehicle segment. Since its launch last year, it has been the recipient of appreciation from customers and the industry alike. With its thrilling performance, connected drive experience with zero emissions and accessible pricing, the Nexon EV has found its place as the best-selling electric vehicle in India."
"With a consistent visible growth trajectory across regions, the EV has also become the preferred car for several state government bodies in the country. We hope that we can leverage this growth to contribute towards the adoption of electric vehicles in India by encouraging awareness among customers regarding the inevitable need for an electric future in the coming years," he further stated.
Coming to the electric SUV itself, the Tata Nexon EV was introduced in India back in January 2020. The SUV is the brand's first fully-electric product and comes powered by Tata Motors' Ziptron powertrain. This consists of a 30.2kWh lithium-ion battery pack paired with an electric motor, producing 127bhp and 245Nm of peak torque. The Nexon EV claims an ARAI-certified range of 312km, however, in the real-world we can expect the range to be around the 275km mark on a full charge.
Thoughts About The Tata Nexon EV
With the increase in environmental awareness among the Indian motorists, the sales of the electric vehicle have picked up substantially in recent times. The Nexon EV has further made it easier by being the most affordable electric-SUV in the market offering a decent range from a single battery charge and performance at the same time.