- 9 min ago Car Falls Into Sinkhole At Mumbai Parking Lot — Hyundai Venue Sinks Within A Few Seconds
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai Creta SX Executive Variant: Details Leaked Ahead Of India Launch
- 1 day ago New Lexus NX SUV Revealed Globally: India Launch Likely
- 1 day ago New Driving Licence Rules: Here’s How To Apply Learner Licence Online
- News Opposition alleges 'major' scam in land purchased to construct Ram temple in Ayodhya
- Sports Legendary sprinter Milkha Singh's wife Nirmal passes away due to COVID-19 complications
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11: Nikki Tamboli Says She Is Scared To Cry In Front Of Her Parents Post Brother's Death
- Education AP TET Syllabus 2021 Released, Notification Expected Soon
- Finance 8 Stocks To Be In News Or Buy On Monday, June 14, 2021
- Technology Week 24, 2021 Launch Roundup: iQOO Z3 5G, OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Nokia C20 Plus, Realme C25s And More
- Lifestyle Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi’s Pyjama Set Is A Vibrant Outfit For Dull Mornings; Find Its Price Inside!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In June
Tata Motors has officially released a statement about the 'axing' of a few diesel variants of the Tata Nexon from its official website. Tata Motors recently discontinued a few variants of the diesel-powered Tata Nexon. This led to widespread speculations that Tata was putting a full-stop to its diesel-powered models. Tata Motors has now issued a clarification.
The Tata Nexon is one of the most popular sub-4-metre SUVs in our country, the compact SUV started gaining traction in the market after receiving a 5-star safety rating. Soon, the compact SUV gained a cult following on social media. In some instances, the fans of the Tata Nexon have even made memes to praise the safety of the vehicle.
In recent times, the Tata Nexon quickly found its way to the top rows of the sales chart as rivals like Suzuki Brezza dropped its diesel-powered models in favour of less-polluting petrol engines.
In a move reflecting the petrol-friendly trend, Tata motors removed the XE, XMA, XZ and XZA+ (S) trims from the diesel variants of the Tata Nexon on the company's official website.
This led to rumours and speculations about Tata Motors giving up on diesel-powered cars. To that end, Tata Motors has issued a statement to clarify things. The official statement from Tata Motors regarding the issue read "Nexon is among the most popular compact SUVs in India and its diesel variant is very popular with a growing demand and a loyal following."
The statement also added that "The Nexon is now available in 20 variants. The Nexon's range includes 12 variants in petrol and 8 variants in diesel with automatic and manual transmissions options. Tata Motors refines and refreshes its portfolio of trims and variants from time to time in line with market feedback."
The statement summarises that Tata Motors has axed the aforementioned four diesel variants, as the company is seeing a shift in trend to choose the petrol-powered variants over the diesel ones. However, diesel engines will continue to power the Tata Nexon, at least for the foreseeable future.
Thoughts On Tata Motors Discontinuing Four Variants Of Diesel-Powered Tata Nexon
With stringent emission norms and rumours of hefty taxes on vehicles that pollute above a certain level, Indian consumers have shifted their focus back to petrol-powered vehicles despite the soaring petrol prices.
Also, the fact that the per-litre cost of diesel is so close to that of petrol, that the extra cost of purchasing a diesel car doesn't make sense anymore. This has helped Tata to remove four low selling trims of diesel variant to reduce confusion among buyers.