- 8 hrs ago Petrol Prices Slashed In Jharkhand: Rs 25 per Litre Subsidy
- 11 hrs ago New BMW X3 Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 59.90 Lakh
- 14 hrs ago Tata Punch Prices Revised: Prices Start From Rs 5.64 Lakh
- 14 hrs ago Toyota Hilux India Launch Bookings Open: 2.8-Litre Engine, 4x4, Double Cab & More
- News Chidambaram should resign if Congress fails to oust BJP in Goa: TMC
- Finance Cryptos Show Strength; Cosmos Outperforms, Tether, Cardano Weak
- Sports BCCI Central Contracts: Will non-performers Ajinkya Rahane, Cheteshwar Pujara be able to remain in Grade A?
- Movies Arun Verma, Who Worked Alongside Salman Khan In Kick, Passes Away At 62
- Technology Windows 11 Gets New Task Manager: Goodbye Legacy Task Manager
- Education ICSI CS Foundation CSEET Result 2022 Declared, Steps To Check ICSI CSEET CS Foundation Results On icsi.edu
- Lifestyle Remodelling Your Kitchen? Here Are 8 Must-Haves To Take It To The Next Level
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Assam In Winter Of 2022
Tata Motors has signed a deal with electric ride-hailing company BluSmart Mobility. The deal will see the commercial vehicles arm of Tata Motors supply BluSmart Mobility with 3,500 XPRES T EVs to expand the latter's all-electric taxi fleet in the Delhi NCR Region.
Speaking about the new 3,500 unit order for the XPRES T EVs, Ramesh Dorairajan, Head - Electric Vehicles (Commercial), Tata Motors, "With the XPRES- T EV, Tata Motors has developed an electric sedan exclusively for the fleet customers. We are delighted to partner with BluSmart Mobility and we are thankful to them for their continued efforts in growing the electric fleet in Delhi-NCR. The XPRES-T EV comes with optimal battery size, captive fast charging solution, which will ensure outstandingly low cost of ownership in addition to safety and passenger comfort, making it a comprehensive and attractive proposition for fleet owners and operators. We recently crossed a key milestone of 10,000 EVs on road, which is a strong testament to how our innovative electric vehicles are resonating well with customers. This order will further strengthen our roadmap of making EVs mainstream."
BluSmart Mobility is an all-electric, online ride-hailing platform that currently offers zero emissions rides to customers in the Delhi NCR region. The company has already logged in more than 700,000 rides to date covering over 22 million kilometres in the National Capital Region.
BluSmart Mobility claims to be the platform of choice for not just women users but also women driver-partners. These driver-partners, claims the company get a stress free equitable earning opportunity without any asset ownership hassles.
Speaking about its deal to acquire 3,500 new XPRES T EVs from Tata Motors, Anmol Singh Jaggi, Founder & CEO, BluSmart Mobility, said, "With our recent Series A funding of USD 25 million, we at BluSmart Mobility are well-capitalized and expanding steadily into the Delhi NCR market. Tata Motors has been a great partner for a young startup like us and has supported our growth momentum significantly in times of a global supply chain crisis. This partnership with Tata Motors reinforces our belief in our electric journey and gears us well to achieve bigger scales at a much faster pace."
The Tata Motors XPRES-T EV is the commercial vehicle version of the Tigor EV. The XPRES-T is the first electric vehicle from the new commercial Tata Motors brand XPRES.
The XPRES-T is offered with two battery options – 16.5kWh and 21.5kWh which come with ARAI certified ranges of 165 and 213 kilometres on a single charge. Fast charging (0-80 per cent) times are 90 and 110 minutes for the smaller and larger battery respectively.
The XPRES-T looks exactly like the Tigor on the outside. The inside features a black theme and electric blue accents, the latter of which is also seen on the outside of the car. The XPRES-T comes standard with twin airbags along with ABS and EBD.
The pricing of the XPRES-T starts at Rs 9.54 lakhs and goes all the way up to Rs 10.64 lakhs (all prices, ex-showroom post FAME subsidies).
Thoughts About BluSmart Mobility's Deal For 3500 Tata XPRES-T EVs
The new deal between BluSmart Mobility and Tata Motors will see even more electric taxis hit the streets of the nation's capital. This should hopefully help provide a little bit more relief for people from the choked air of the national capital. However, it will take a whole of effort from more players to really push the clean air revolution in Delhi and around the nation.