- 15 hrs ago MG Astor Bookings Opened: First Batch Gets Sold Out Within 20 Minutes
- 19 hrs ago Mahindra XUV700 Crosses 65000 Bookings In Just Two Weeks
- 1 day ago Yamaha Force 2.0 Launched In Taiwan
- 1 day ago Limited-Edition Toyota Innova Crysta Launched In India: Comes With HUD, 360-Degree Camera, And More Features
- Technology Flipkart Big Diwali Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Smartphones
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 Oct 21 Highlights: Shamita & Nishant Get Into Huge Argument; Jay Objects To Losing Price Money
- Sports Brand El Clasico is bigger than brand Messi: Fernando Sanz
- News We shouldn't expect favourable outcome in every round of border talks with China: Gen Naravane
- Lifestyle What Is Scream Therapy? Read About How Horror Movies Can Benefit Your Mental Health!
- Finance Citibank Today Revised Its Interest Rates On FD: Here’s What You Can Get Now
- Travel Best Winter Destinations In Andaman And Nicobar Islands
- Education 7th Pay Commission News: 3 Per Cent DA Hike For Central Government Employees, Pensioners Ahead Of Diwali
Tata Motors on Friday announced that it has found a new home for its10,000th EV in India. This number combines both commercial and private vehicles.
Tata Motors joined the EV race by offering the all-electric version of the Tata Tigor hatchback. The Tata Tigor EV was initially introduced as a fleet offering in metro cities.
However, the big break and limelight entry was made when Tata Motors forayed into the personal EV segment with its Nexon EV in January 2020.
From there onwards, Tata Motors has managed to dominate the segment with over 70 percent market share in the personal EV segment. In the last month alone, Tata Motors has managed to cross 1,000 unit sales.
Tata Motor said that the company has built a viable road map for the future and the company is committed to staying in this course of making EVs mainstream. The company also added that the feat is made possible because of early adopters of EV in the country.
"We are proud to have lived up to the high expectations of the early EV adopters. These customers have laid a strong foundation for EV ownership to further expand and have created a path for other prospective buyers to follow," said, Shailesh Chandra, President, Passenger Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors.
He also added that "the achievement of 10,000 EVs on road is a strong testament to how our innovative electric vehicles are resonating well with customers."
Apart from this, Tata Motors is gearing up to become the flag-bearer of Green Mobility in India with the help of other companies under Tata Group such as Tata Power, Tata Chemicals, Tata Autocomp, Tata Motors Finance, and Croma.
With these companies working together, Tata Motors is planning to form an expansive e-mobility ecosystem in the country called the Tata UniEVerse.
That being said, Tata Motors recently launched the Xpres-T EV in India. Xpres-T EV is Tata Motors latest offering for the commercial segment in India, and it is the first EV of the ‘Xpres' sub-brand of Tata Motors.
Though the recently launched Xpres-T EV is based on the Tata Tigor EV, it will be only sold for commercial purposes and cannot be registered as a private vehicle.
The Xpres-T EV comes with two choices of battery pack, both of which are smaller than the Tiago EVs to keep the cost down.
The smaller capacity model uses a 16.5kWh battery pack and has a claimed range of 165kms on a full charge. Whereas the larger battery pack model with its 21.5kWh capacity can travel 48kms further.
Despite being a commercial vehicle, Tata Motors has not skimped on any safety equipment either. The vehicle comes loaded with features like Dual-Airbags, ABS, EBD, and a few more.
Prices for the Xpres-T EV starts from Rs 9.54 lakhs (ex-showroom, India) and the top-end XZ+ model with the larger 21.5kWh battery pack costs Rs 10.64 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
Thoughts About Tata Motors Achieving 10,000 Customers Milestone In EV Segment
Tata Motors has dedicated a lot of resources towards engineering and developing its EVs. This dedication is now showing as a result in front of the company.
The 10,000 unit EV sales milestone is just the first of many milestones Tata Motors will achieve in the future.