- 17 min ago MG Hector Production Cross 50,000 Units Mark: Milestone SUV Produced By All-Women Crew
- 2 hrs ago Suzuki Burgman Electric Scooter Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 2 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Review (Road Test): Is It Different Or Better Than The Vitara Brezza?
- 2 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 40,000 Units Mark: Production Increased To Meet The Demand
- Education Assam Sericulture Admit Card 2021 Released, Download Grade 4 Hall Ticket At sericulture.assam.gov.in
- News Nirav Modi can be extradited to India, rules UK Court
- Sports India vs England: Virat Kohli's wife Anushka Sharma, daughter Vamika arrive to watch Pink Ball Test
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A32, Galaxy A52, Galaxy A72 India Launch Could Be Imminent
- Movies Pagglait Teaser: Sanya Malhotra Has A Bizarre Reaction To Her Hubby's Death In This Quirky Comedy
- Lifestyle Mrunal Thakur Takes Over The Spotlight With Her Bold Purple Eye Shadow And Pink Lipstick Look
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In March 2021
- Finance 10-16 IPOs Lined Up For Launch In March 2021
Tata Motors will be launching a new performance variant of the Altroz hatchback in the market called i-Turbo. The company will be launching the new turbo-petrol variant on January 22, 2021. Bookings for the Altroz i-Turbo is currently being accepted across the country for a token amount of Rs 11,000.
Ahead of its launch, Tata Motors has released a new Television commercial showcasing all the changes of the upcoming Altroz i-Turbo variants. The advert starts with the hatchback getting ready at the start line.
Soon after the launch, the driver engages the "Sport" mode, which is evident with a voice-enabled notification. The new drive mode is enabled because of what is under the bonnet of the Altroz i-Turbo hatchback.
It is the 1.2-litre turbo-petrol unit that power the Nexon compact-SUV. However, on the Altroz, the same engine has been detuned and now produces 108bhp and 140Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a five-speed gearbox. Still, the hatchback is not offered with an optional automatic. But, Tata will be launching a DCT auto on the i-Turbo variant at a later date.
Speaking about other changes on the Altroz i-Turbo variant, the premium hatchback is now offered with the brand's latest form of connected technology. Called the iRA (pronounced as eye-ra) supports over 70 voice commands including English and Hinglish.
It also comes with a smartphone application that enhances the safety of the car. Now the owner can remotely lock or unlock the car and immobilize the car, in case of theft. The ‘ConnectNext' application also allows customers to remotely operate horn and view other stats of the car.
The Altroz now gets a wearable smart key on the top-spec trims. The user just has to flash the key next to the door handle and it unlocks the doors. Tata Motors has also introduced the Altroz i-Turbo with a new ‘What-3-words' feature, which helps find destinations easier, along with navigation function.
In addition to this, the hatchback also receives new exterior and interior colour schemes. The car now gets a new Harbour Blue colour and along with a black contrasting roof. The interiors of the hatchback have been revamped with a new dual-tone back and beige theme along with premium leatherette seats. Another additional feature is the ‘Xpress Cool' function, which is capable of cooling down the cabin 70 per cent faster than before, according to Tata Motors.
Thoughts About The Tata Altroz i-Turbo TVC Released Ahead Of Its Launch This Month
Turbo-Petrol engines are becoming extremely popular in India. It is currently seen as the performance variants of the standard models. As a result, we expect the Altroz i-Turbo to line-up the buyers in the market. Once launched, the Altroz i-Turbo will primarily rival the Hyundai i20 turbo and the Volkswagen Polo GT; among others. Stay tuned for our full review of the Altroz i-Turbo releasing on January 20.