- 11 hrs ago Rs 26,058 Crore PIL Scheme Approved By Government Of India; Government Expects 7.5 Lakh Job Opportunities & Rs
- 13 hrs ago Mahindra XUV700 Will Be Available In Five Different Colours; Pricing Starts From Rs 11.99 Lakh
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Kia Carnival Launched In India At Rs 24.95 Lakh: New Limousine Plus Variant Introduced
- 16 hrs ago Citroen C3 Unveiled In India Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Design, Features, Storage Space & More Details
- News Mumbai under-construction flyover collapses in Bandra Kurla Complex, 14 injured
- Movies Maestro Full Movie Leaked Online For Free Download In HD Quality
- Sports Leicester City sweating on Evans fitness after injury setback
- Lifestyle Parivartini Ekadashi 2021: Date, History And Significance Of This Festival
- Finance Air Traffic Increases 34% MoM In August
- Technology Realme Pad Review: Best Tablet In The Sub-20K Price-Point?
- Travel Awesome Beaches In India To Visit This Winter
- Education Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Date, History, Significance And All You Need To Know
The Shelby SuperCars has admitted that the SSC Tuatara never achieved the 500+ km/h top speed. The shocking revelation comes a few months after the brand claimed it had breached the 500km/h barrier.
In October 2020, American supercar manufacturer SSC was all over the headlines for building a car that can travel at speeds beyond 500kmph. It became the ‘world's fastest car' as SSC claimed the Tuatara clocked an average of 508.73km/h.
After the company released the footage of the record-breaking run, the whole automotive world watched it without blinking an eye. However, the whole drama about the top speed unravelled when a YouTuber revealed discrepancies in the footage by doing a few mathematical calculations.
From the footage released, the YouTuber calculated the actual speed the Tuatara was doing. To prove this wrong, the team at SSC did the most American thing. They decided to do another run at the Johnny Bohmer Proving Grounds at the Kennedy Space Centre.
However, this plan backfired for SSC. In the second run, SSC could manage an average top speed of 455.2kmph, which is a long shot away from their claimed top speed from the first run.
Six months after the second run flopped, SSC has finally admitted that the original record-run is not genuine. It is unsure if the top brass of the brand knew about the botched up numbers and if they did, how long they have known it for.
What happened at the run doesn't change the fact that the SSC Tuatara is a beast. Under that sleek carbon-fibre body is a 5.9-litre twin-turbocharged V6 petrol engine that puts out 1,726bhp while gulping E85 fuel.
The engine is paired with a 7-speed AMT gearbox, and the whole car weighs a mere 1,247kg, which is less than a Volkswagen Golf for instance. Further aiding the performance is a well-engineered shell with a Drag-Coefficient of 0.279.
Reports reveal that the brand is planning to do another record run. The SSC Tuatara could achieve the mind-boggling top speed this time around.
Thoughts On SSC Tuatara Top Speed Record Being Fake
Even though SSC did fiddle with the information from the original run, the brand has now admitted its mistake. SSC didn't shy away from the media or its customers regarding this, which is truly commendable. The brand is planning a new record run this time around and could actually pull it off this time. All eyes are now on the upcoming top speed record run.