- Technology Flipkart Big Diwali Sale 2021: Avail Best Discounts On Electronics Devices
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 October 25 Highlights: Wild Card Contestant Rajiv Adatia Makes An Entry In The House
- News Amit Shah spends night at CRPF camp in Pulwama; says will see a peaceful J&K 'in our lifetime'
- Sports T20 World Cup: Afghanistan crush Scotland in Super 12 rout
- Education AP SET Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Steps To Download AP SET Hall Ticket For State Eligibility Test Here
- Finance Bharti Airtel Confirms Accepting 4-Year Moratorium On Spectrum
- Travel Nagaland's Best Winter Destinations
- Lifestyle All You Need To Know About Mosquirix, The First Vaccine For Malaria Approved By The WHO
Skoda Slavia teased ahead of its launch in India. The Skoda Slavia is the brand's second new model for the country and the brand is looking forward to launch the model by the end of winter this year.
From the released teaser, we can see that the upcoming Skoda Slavia is a sedan as the teaser revealed the silhouette of the model.
It is not clear whether Skoda will replace the Skoda Rapid with the upcoming Skoda Slavia. However, it is clear that the new Skoda Slavia is going to be a size bigger than the Skoda Rapid.
This is because the upcoming Skoda Slavia will use the versatile MQB-A0-IN platform, and this is the same platform the underpins the Skoda Kushaq.
Since the upcoming Skoda Slavia and the recently launched Skoda Kushaq use an identical platform, it is safe to assume that the upcoming Skoda Slavia will also use the same powertrain options as the Skoda Kushaq.
This means that the upcoming Skoda Slavia will be powered by either a 113 bhp 1.0-litre TSI engine or a 150 bhp 1.5-litre TSI petrol engine.
Like the Skoda Kushaq, the upcoming Skoda Slavia will also get the 6-speed manual transmission with both engine options. However, the more potent 1.5-litre TSI engine will get the 7-speed DSG transmission, whereas the 1.0-litre version will get a 6-speed torque converter automatic gearbox.
Apart from this, the Skoda Slavia comes under the brand's India 2.0 project. This project includes two Skoda vehicles and two Volkswagen vehicles for the Indian market.
The upcoming Skoda Slavia is also slightly smaller than the Skoda Octavia and the Skoda Superb that currently retails in India.
This means that the upcoming Skoda Slavia will be positioned below the Skoda Octavia and the Skoda Superb when it launches in India.
Apart from that we also expect the upcoming Skoda Slavia to come with good interior space and high ground clearance.
Expect Skoda to price the upcoming Skoda Slavia aggressively and offer decent equipment levels. However, it will be priced above the Skoda Rapid.
Thoughts About Skoda Slavia
Skoda Slavia is an upcoming sedan for the Indian market and as it is based on the same platform as the recently launched Skoda Kushaq, we expect a similar level of space inside the cabin if not more.
Moreover, by using a similar platform, Skoda Auto India will be able to price the Skoda Slavia quite aggressively and will be able to lower the cost of spare parts significantly.