- 11 hrs ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 12 hrs ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 14 hrs ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- 16 hrs ago 2021 Maruti Suzuki Swift Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Read More To Find Out!
- Technology Week 9, 2021 Launch Roundup: Samsung Galaxy A32, Redmi K40 Pro+, Realme Narzo 30A And More
- News FCI Recruitment 2021: Now apply for AGM, Medical officer posts by March 31
- Movies Thalapathy 65: Sivakarthikeyan To Join The Vijay-Nelson Dilip Kumar Project?
- Sports ISL 2020-21: OFC vs SCEB: Odisha down East Bengal in 11-goal thriller
- Lifestyle Maha Shivratri 2021: Know Why People Offer Ganga Jal To Lord Shiva
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Education Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Exam 2021 Registration Begins
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Skoda Auto has re-introduced the entry-level 'Rider' variant of the Rapid sedan in the Indian market. The new Skoda Rapid Rider has been relaunched in India with a price tag of Rs 7.79 lakh; this is Rs 30,000 more than its previous list price. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Skoda Rapid Rider now rejoins the sedan's variant lineup, consisting of the Rider, Rider Plus, Ambition, Onyx, Style & Monte Carlo. Even with the price hike of Rs 30,000, the Skoda Rapid Rider variant continues to be the most affordable sedan compared to its rivals in the segment.
The 2021 Skoda Rapid Rider variant continues to carry forward the same features as before. This includes a 2-DIN audio system with four speakers and Bluetooth connectivity, front and rear charging sockets, automatic climate control, 6.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system, dual airbags, ABS and many others.
Apart from the re-introduction of the entry-level variant, Skoda has also hiked the prices of its other trims by Rs 20,000 as well. The second variant, the Skoda Rapid Rider Plus is now priced at Rs 8.19 lakh for the manual and Rs 9.69 lakh for the automatic trims.
The range-topping Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo is now offered with a price tag of Rs 11.99 lakh and Rs 13.69 lakh for the manual and automatic variants, respectively. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Apart from the addition of the Rider variant and the price hike across the lineup, no other changes have been made to the sedan. The Skoda Rapid continues to be powered by the same 1.0-litre TSI petrol engine. It produces 110bhp and 175Nm of peak torque, mated to a six-speed manual transmission as standard. Higher-spec trims also receive a six-speed torque converter automatic as well.
Thoughts On The Skoda Rapid Rider Variant Being Re-Introduced In The Lineup
The Skoda Rapid Rider is one of the most popular variants of the sedan in the Indian market. The base-spec Rider trim has also been priced strategically to undercut its competition. This includes the Volkswagen Vento, Hyundai Verna and the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz.