- 9 hrs ago Euler Motors Teases HiLoad Commercial EV Launch — Going Big From The Start
- 10 hrs ago Mini Electric India Launch Teased — Brit Icon Goes Green
- 10 hrs ago ebikeGo Rugged Gets 1 Lakh Bookings In 2 Months
- 11 hrs ago 10 New Tata Motors EVs To Arrive in The Next 4 Years - The REVolution is Here
- Technology Flipkart Big Diwali Sale 2021: Avail Best Discounts On Electronics Devices
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 October 25 Highlights: Wild Card Contestant Rajiv Adatia Makes An Entry In The House
- News Amit Shah spends night at CRPF camp in Pulwama; says will see a peaceful J&K 'in our lifetime'
- Sports T20 World Cup: Afghanistan crush Scotland in Super 12 rout
- Education AP SET Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Steps To Download AP SET Hall Ticket For State Eligibility Test Here
- Finance Bharti Airtel Confirms Accepting 4-Year Moratorium On Spectrum
- Travel Nagaland's Best Winter Destinations
- Lifestyle All You Need To Know About Mosquirix, The First Vaccine For Malaria Approved By The WHO
Skoda Rapid Matte Edition launched in India and pricing starts from Rs 11.99 lakh (ex-showroom).
Skoda Rapid is one of the best-selling models for Skoda Auto India, and the brand has been consistently updating the model with newer editions to keep the model fresh.
The new Skoda Rapid Matte Edition is available in both manual and automatic transmission variants.
The new Skoda Rapid Matte Edition sports a Carbon Steel matte paint and it is the only exterior colour option.
In this new Carbon Steel matte shade, the Skoda Rapid looks a lot sportier than the standard version. This sporty theme is further complemented by the use of glossy black finish on front grille, door handles, ORVMs, and rear spoiler.
Apart from these, the rear diffuser, the alloy wheels, the side mouldings, and the window surrounds get a similar black treatment for an even more sinister look.
Moving inside, the dark theme continues with a sporty Tellur Grey theme on the dashboard. Complimenting this dark theme are the seats wrapped in black leatherette upholstery and Alcantara.
Features-wise, the Skoda Rapid Matte Edition comes equipped with a decent-sized 6.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system, a rear-view camera, an air purifier, steering mounted controls, Bluetooth connectivity, and many more.
The Skoda Rapid Matte Edition also comes with a set of steel scuff plates with ‘Rapd' inscription and engine immobilizer as standard.
Skoda Rapid is also one of the safer sedans in India and offers safety features like rear parking sensors, anti-glare, auto-dimming IRVM, rear windscreen defogger with timer, height-adjustable 3-point seat belts, dual front airbags, ABS with EBS, and a few more
The new Skoda Rapid Matte Edition is powered by the same 1.0-litre 3-cylinder TSI petrol engine powering the standard Skoda Rapid models. This engine produces 108 bhp at 5000 - 5500 rpm and 175 Nm of torque at 1750 - 4000 rpm.
This engine comes mated either to a 6-speed manual transmission or a quick-shifting 7-speed DCTgearbox.
Skoda Auto India is also offering a Shield Plus package which includes insurance, 24x7 roadside assistance, and an extended warranty. The Pricing for the Skoda Rapid range starts from Rs 7.79 lakh (ex-showroom).
Thoughts About The New Skoda Rapid Matte Edition
The new Skoda Rapid Matte Edition has somehow managed to keep the ageing sedan fresh. The Carbon Steel matte paint along with glossy black elements on the exterior makes the sedan look sporty and sinister.