- 9 hrs ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 10 hrs ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- 11 hrs ago 2021 Benelli 302R Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Features New Design & Lesser Weight
- 13 hrs ago TVS’ Scooters Price Increase: Prices Of TVS Scooty, Jupiter and NTorq 125 Hiked
- Technology Week 15, 2021 Launch Roundup: TECNO Spark 7, Nokia X10, X20, Nokia G20, C10, C20, iQOO 7, re
- News 'Tika Utsav' from today; aim to vaccinate maximum eligible people
- Sports IPL 2021: CSK vs DC: Both Prithvi and I were hitting the ball well: Player-of-the-match Shikhar Dhawan
- Movies Mahesh Babu Heaps Praise On Vakeel Saab; Says Pawan Kalyan Is In Top Form!
- Finance 7th Pay Commission: Here’s How Your PF Contribution May Change From July
- Lifestyle Gudi Padwa 2021: The Rituals And Story Behind Celebrating This Festival
- Education NEET PG 2021 On April 18, Check COVID-19 Guidelines For Exam Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
Skoda is working on bringing in a number of new models to the Indian market this year. A number of products have been spied undergoing testing on multiple occasions across India. One of these new products expected to go on sale very soon is the CNG variant of Skoda's most popular sedan, the Rapid.
The new Skoda Rapid CNG variant will go on sale sometime this year. Zac Hollis, Director, Sales & Marketing, Skoda India confirmed the Rapid CNG for the Indian market, while responding to a customer query on social media.
Zac Hollis took to Twitter to confirm that Skoda is indeed testing the CNG version of the Rapid sedan for the Indian market. Hollis further went on to confirm that Skoda has scheduled the launch of four new products in the market over the next 12 months.
He stated, "Yes CNG is in testing. We at Skoda are launching 4 new products in the next 12 months, starting with the World Premier of Kushaq this month."
The first among the four models coming to India is the Skoda Kushaq mid-size SUV, which is set to world premiere sometime later this month. Skoda will also be introducing the latest-generation Octavia in the Indian market, while a brand new C-segment sedan is also being worked on, which will be positioned above the Rapid.
Zac Hollis had previously confirmed that the new C-segment sedan will go on sale in India by the year-end. The upcoming sedan is said to be a bigger car and could be named the ‘Slavia'. Skoda had previously trademarked the ‘Slavia' name for an upcoming model. Considering the name isn't in line with the brand's SUV nomenclature, we are expecting ‘Slavia' to be the name for the new sedan in India — here are more details.
Having said that, Skoda Auto India currently has its hands full with the upcoming world premiere of its Kushaq SUV. The company has unveiled official design sketches of both the exterior and interior of the upcoming SUV, giving us a glimpse of what to expect — check out the sketches here.
Thoughts On The Upcoming Skoda Cars In The Indian Market
Skoda is working on an aggressive sales strategy for 2021. Starting with the much-awaited Kushaq SUV, the brand is expected to bring in a number of new models to the market, expanding its lineup, in turn widening its customer base.