- 2 hrs ago Bajaj CT 110X Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All Details!
- 2 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Revealed: Gets Subtle Design Changes & More Powerful Engines
- 3 hrs ago Next-Gen Mahindra Scorpio Spotted Testing Again Revealing New Features: Pics & Details
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Fortuner Legender Road Test Review: Most Powerful SUV In Its Segment!
- Sports IPL 2021, SRH vs RCB Match 6 Live Updates: Bangalore, Hyderabad clash in southern derby
- Finance Infosys Q4 profit at Rs 5,078 crore; Announces Share Buy-Back, Declares Dividend
- Lifestyle Ram Navami 2021: The Story Of Lord Rama, Shabri And Her Half-Eaten Berries
- Movies Virata Parvam Starring Rana Daggubati And Sai Pallavi Gets Postponed Due To Rise In COVID-19 Cases
- News SC says access to professional education no government largesse
- Technology DoT Might Announce New Guidelines For Telecom PLI Scheme
- Education CBSE Board Exams 2021: Class 10th Exam Cancelled, 12th Postponed
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In April
Skoda launched the Octavia RS 245 at the 2020 Auto Expo in the Indian market. The company brought only 200 examples of the performance sedan to the country. The Skoda Octavia RS 245 initially received an overwhelming response.
There were also rumours of the sedan being sold out within months after its launch in the Indian market. Later it was denied by company officials saying, the Octavia RS 245 is very much available in the country.
Over a year after its launch, a recent tweet from Zac Hollins, Director for Sales, Service & Marketing at Skoda Auto India, reveals that there are still a handful of examples up for grabs in the country.
The Skoda Octavia RS 245 entered the Indian market during the initial stages of the Covid-19 pandemic. Paired with a steep price tag of Rs 36 lakh, ex-showroom (India), the sedan went up against the premium brands such as Mercedes-Benz, BMW and more.
As mentioned before, the instantly appealed to the crowd present at the Expo with its styling and performance on offer. The Skoda Octavia RS 245 is an exceptional performance sedan with good equipment and features.
However, it seems like the price tag has played its part in the price-sensitive Indian market. The dealers can still sell the Octavia RS 245 as it did not need homologation under new Indian import rules. Also, the sedan is Euro 6 compliant, which is a stricter emission standard than BS6 in India.
Indian import rules now dictate that companies can import 2,500 vehicles via the CKD and CBU channels per year, without the need for homologation. However, all vehicles imported into the country have to meet International Automotive Standards.
The Skoda Octavia RS 245 is powered by a 2.0-litre TSI petrol engine that produces 242 brake horsepower and 370Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic transmission and features paddle shifters.
The ground clearance has reduced with changes made to the suspension set up of the car, and street and track performance sees an improvement with a set of high-grip tyres. The Octavia RS 245 can accelerate from standstill to 100kmph in 6.6 seconds and continue to reach an electronically limited top speed of 250km/h.
Thoughts About The Skoda Octavia RS 245 Still On Sale After Its Launch At 2020 Auto Expo
The Skoda Octavia RS 245 is packed with performance and features. However, Indian buyers struggle to make a purchase decision due to the steep price tag of the performance sedan. As a result, a handful of Octavia RS 245 examples are still up for grabs for the enthusiast buyers in the country.