- 12 hrs ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 13 hrs ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 15 hrs ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- 17 hrs ago 2021 Maruti Suzuki Swift Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Read More To Find Out!
- Technology Starlink Coming To India Soon: Available For Pre-Order For $99
- News FCI Recruitment 2021: Now apply for AGM, Medical officer posts by March 31
- Movies Thalapathy 65: Sivakarthikeyan To Join The Vijay-Nelson Dilip Kumar Project?
- Sports ISL 2020-21: OFC vs SCEB: Odisha down East Bengal in 11-goal thriller
- Lifestyle Maha Shivratri 2021: Know Why People Offer Ganga Jal To Lord Shiva
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Education Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Exam 2021 Registration Begins
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Skoda Auto has announced the dates for the world premiere of its upcoming Kushaq SUV. The all-new Skoda Kushaq will be globally unveiled on 18 March 2021. The Skoda Kushaq was first showcased in its concept form at the 2020 Auto Expo, as the Vision IN.
Once introduced in the Indian market, the new Skoda Kushaq will be the brand's first product to be underpinned by the MQB A0 IN platform. The new architecture has been developed specifically for the Indian market and will underpin all future Skoda and Volkswagen products.
The Skoda Kushaq once launched in India will be positioned below the Karoq model. The Kushaq will be sold in India as a mid-size SUV, rivalling the likes of the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Tata Harrier and the upcoming Mahindra XUV500.
The SUV will also come packed with a host of features, both inside and out. Exterior details on the upcoming Kushaq SUV include LED lighting all around, these include the headlamps, DRLs and taillights. Other details include the signature front grille, flared wheel arches housing large alloy wheels at either end, roof rails, rear spoiler with LED stop lamp and many more.
The interiors of the Skoda Kushaq is also said to come packed with a host of features, equipment and technology. The upcoming Skoda SUV is said to receive a premium dashboard with soft-touch materials and a well laid out cabin.
The SUV is also expected to come packed with a virtual cockpit with a digital instrument cluster, a large 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and the brand's ‘MySkoda' Connect tech automatic climate control, ambient lighting, rear AC vents and many others as well.
There will also be a host of safety equipment on offer, including multiple airbags, hill-hold control, traction control, electronic stability control, cruise control and others.
Skoda will be offering the Kushaq SUV with a choice of two engine options. This includes a 1.0-litre TSI unit, which also powers the Rapid model. There will also be a 1.5-litre TSI petrol unit as well. Both engines will come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, with the choices of a six-speed torque-converter and a seven-speed DSG automatic transmission also on offer.
Thoughts On The Skoda Kushaq World Premiere
The Skoda Kushaq is an important model for the brand in the Indian market, as it debut's the new India-specific platform. The SUV has also received a lot of hype since its concept was unveiled last year. Being a CKD unit, we expect Skoda to price the Kushaq competitively in the segment.