- 2 hrs ago Bajaj CT 110X Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All Details!
- 2 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Revealed: Gets Subtle Design Changes & More Powerful Engines
- 3 hrs ago Next-Gen Mahindra Scorpio Spotted Testing Again Revealing New Features: Pics & Details
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Fortuner Legender Road Test Review: Most Powerful SUV In Its Segment!
- Sports IPL 2021, SRH vs RCB Match 6 Live Updates: Bangalore, Hyderabad clash in southern derby
- Finance Infosys Q4 profit at Rs 5,078 crore; Announces Share Buy-Back, Declares Dividend
- Lifestyle Ram Navami 2021: The Story Of Lord Rama, Shabri And Her Half-Eaten Berries
- Movies Virata Parvam Starring Rana Daggubati And Sai Pallavi Gets Postponed Due To Rise In COVID-19 Cases
- News SC says access to professional education no government largesse
- Technology DoT Might Announce New Guidelines For Telecom PLI Scheme
- Education CBSE Board Exams 2021: Class 10th Exam Cancelled, 12th Postponed
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In April
Skoda has globally unveiled its all-new Kushaq SUV in India. The new Skoda Kushaq is the brand's first product to be part of the 'India 2.0 Project'. The SUV also debut's Volkswagen Group's MQB A0 IN platform, developed specifically for the Indian market.
The new Skoda Kushaq is based on the brand's VISION IN concept SUV, first showcased at the Auto Expo 2020. The SUV will be positioned in the competitive mid-size SUV segment in the country, rivalling the likes of the Kia Seltos, Hyundai Creta, MG Hector & the Tata Harrier.
Coming to the design of the new Skoda Kushaq, the SUV features the brand's latest design philosophy. It comes with sharp and aggressive styling elements all around. The front of the SUV features the brand's signature grille surrounded by chrome.
Flanking the grille is a dual headlamp setup with LED projector units with integrated LED DRLs. The headlamp setup features the cornering lights and the turn signal indicators as well.
The side profile of the Skoda Kushaq is characterised by stylish looking 17-inch alloy wheels. The SUV also features a prominent shoulder line, running across its entire length. The car also features silver-finished roof rails and a chrome strip surrounding the windows.
The rear profile continues to carry forward the SUV's sporty design theme. The Kushaq comes with sleek LED taillights at the back, along with a roof-mounted spoiler with an LED stop lamp. The rear bumper also features silver skid plates, adding a bit of ruggedness to the SUV.
Moving inside, the Skoda Kushaq can be seen with a unique two-spoke steering wheel with mounted controls. The SUV also comes with leather-wrapped seats, along with soft-touch materials giving it a premium feel all around. The cabin also offers plenty of space, thanks to the segment-largest wheelbase of 2651mm.
Depending on the variant, the Skoda Kushaq also comes packed with features, technology and safety equipment. This includes a 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system, fully-digital instrument cluster, ambient lighting, automatic climate control, ventilated front seats, large storage spaces all around, electric sunroof, USB type-C charging ports, rear AC vents, wireless charging and many more.
In terms of safety, the SUV comes with hill-hold assist, six airbags, ABS with EBD, electronic stability control, multi-collision brake, TPMS, rear parking sensors, rearview camera and ISOFIX child seat anchorages and plenty more.
Powering the Skoda Kushaq is a pair of TSI petrol engines. This includes a 1.0-litre TSI unit producing 113bhp and 175Nm of peak torque, paired with either a six-speed manual or a torque-converter automatic transmission. There is also a 1.5-litre TSI unit producing 148bhp and 250Nm of peak torque. It is mated to either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DSG automatic gearbox.
The Skoda Kushaq upon launch will be offered in a range of five colour options. These include three standard options: Candy White, Reflex Silver and Carbon Steel. There are also two Kushaq exclusive paint schemes in the form of Honey Orange and Tornado Red.
The Skoda Kushaq will go on sale in the Indian market in the coming months. While there is no official news about the price range for the SUV, we expect the Kushaq to be offered with a price range between Rs 14 lakh to Rs 20 lakh, ex-showroom.
Thoughts On The Skoda Kushaq Global Unveil
The Skoda Kushaq marks the beginning of the brand's ‘India 2.0' project. The Skoda Kushaq will be an extremely competitive offering from the Czech brand in the Indian market and could witness a huge demand, having already created a positive hype.