- 3 min ago Aprilia RS 660 & Tuono 660 Bookings Open In India Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 14 hrs ago Triumph Trident 660 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago Piaggio Ape Electric E-Xtra FX & E-City FX Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.83 Lakh
- 16 hrs ago RNAIPL Factory Visit: An Inside Look At The Production Process Of The Nissan Magnite SUV
- News Ban on many green card applicants revoked by Joe Biden
- Movies Shubharambh Fame Akshit Sukhija On Casting Couch: I Have Faced These Situations Many Times
- Technology Amazon Quiz Answers For February 25, 2021: Your Chance To Win Sony DSLR Camera
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Sanya Malhotra: Her Top 3 Stunning Fashion Moments Decoded
- Sports India vs England, 3rd Test: Axar Patel reveals how did he spin out English batsmen
- Finance Hindustan Copper Continues To Hit Fresh Highs; Hold Recommendation Given
- Education ICSI CS Professional And Executive Result 2021 Today
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Karnataka In March
Skoda has teased its upcoming SUV Kushaq on its website ahead of its launch in the Indian market. The Skoda Kushaq name was recently unveiled and has been reserved to the production version of the Vision IN concept SUV.
The Kushaq will be the brand's new entry-level mid-size SUV placed below the Karoq in the country. It will be built in India using a modified version of the brand MQB platform called the MQB A0 IN. The new platform is tailor-made for the Indian market offering more cabin space.
Based on what we know so far from its the Vision IN concept, the SUV will feature a rugged design with all-around body cladding. At the front, the brand's signature butterfly grille is flanked on either side by a sleek looking headlamps.
At the rear, the SUV will feature a split-style LED taillamp design. The SKODA lettering will be placed in between the two taillamps spanning across the length of the boot lid. Other exterior features include roof rails, scuff plates at both ends, a blacked-out roof and a chunky looking alloy wheel design.
On the inside, the Kushaq will feature a large touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It will also feature the brand virtual cockpit design with a fully-digital instrument cluster.
Some of the other features that are expected on the Kushaq includes an electric sunroof, automatic climate control, wireless mobile charging and more. Skoda is also expected to pack the new SUV with a host of safety features including a blind-spot monitoring system.
The Skoda Kushaq is expected to be offered with two engine options: the 1.0-litre and the 1.5-litre TSI turbo-petrol units that are currently powering other models in the brand's line-up. The 1.0-litre unit could be offered on the entry-level trims of the SUV which will help in pricing the SUV aggressively against segment rivals.
The 1.0-litre three-cylinder TSI engine will be the same unit powering the Skoda Rapid sedan in the brand's line-up. It produces a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox. The company could also offer the six-speed torque converter unit as an option.
The top-spec 1.5-litre engine TSI four-cylinder engine currently powers the Skoda Karoq SUV in the brand's line-up. It churns out 150bhp and 250Nm of torque and comes mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic as standard.
Thoughts About The Skoda Kushaq Getting Teased On The Website Ahead Of Launch In India
The Skoda Kushaq teaser image confirms a rough timeline of the SUV's launch in the Indian market. It will be an all-new SUV that is specifically made for the Indian market. Once launched, the Skoda Kushaq will rival the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, and the Nissan Kicks; among others.