- 10 hrs ago KTM Postpones Pro Experience Rides; Says ‘Park Your KTM’
- 11 hrs ago Next-Generation Suzuki Swift Rendered: Will Debut In 2022
- 11 hrs ago New Mahindra XUV500 To Re-Launch As Hyundai Creta Rival: Does This Mean The End Of Cheetah?
- 13 hrs ago Kia India Extends Free Service Period By Two Months Again Due To Coronavirus Lockdown
- Technology Flipkart LG Days Sale: Discount Offer On LG W41 Pro, LG W31 Plus, LG Wing, LG G8X And More
- News WHO chief scientist warns against use of Ivermectin for COVID-19 treatment
- Sports Djokovic beats Fritz after Rome rain, Auger-Aliassime masters Schwartzman
- Movies Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah Fame Bhavya Gandhi's Father Passes Away Due To COVID-19
- Finance Moody's Joins Other Rating Agencies; Cuts FY22 GDP Forecast To 9.3 Per cent
- Lifestyle COVID-19: Govt Issues '9 General Measures' To Boost COVID Immunity; Includes Dark Chocolate, Eggs, Oats Etc.
- Education Career As Petroleum Engineer: Check Courses And Job Opportunities
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Earlier this year, Skoda globally unveiled its all-new Kushaq SUV in India. The new Skoda Kushaq is the brand's first product to be part of the 'India 2.0 Project'. The SUV also debut's Volkswagen Group's MQB A0 IN platform, developed specifically for the Indian market.
However, according to a video posted on Youtube, the Kushaq has been spotted testing on the road. As seen in the spy video, the SUV is without any wraps. The new Skoda Kushaq is based on the brand's VISION IN concept SUV, first showcased at the Auto Expo 2020.
Coming to the design of the new Skoda Kushaq, the SUV features the brand's latest design philosophy. It comes with sharp and aggressive styling elements all around. The front of the SUV features the brand's signature grille surrounded by chrome. Flanking the grille is a dual headlamp setup with LED projector units with integrated LED DRLs. The headlamp setup features the cornering lights and the turn signal indicators as well.
The side profile of the Skoda Kushaq is characterised by stylish looking 17-inch alloy wheels. The SUV also features a prominent shoulder line, running across its entire length. The car also features silver-finished roof rails and a chrome strip surrounding the windows.
The rear profile continues to carry forward the SUV's sporty design theme. The Kushaq comes with sleek LED tail lights at the back, along with a roof-mounted spoiler with an LED stop lamp. The rear bumper also features silver skid plates, adding a bit of ruggedness to the SUV.
Powering the Skoda Kushaq is a pair of TSI petrol engines. This includes a 1.0-litre TSI unit producing 113bhp and 175Nm of peak torque, paired with either a six-speed manual or a torque-converter automatic transmission. There is also a 1.5-litre TSI unit producing 148bhp and 250Nm of peak torque. It is mated to either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DSG automatic gearbox.
Thoughts On The Upcoming Skoda Kushaq
The Skoda Kushaq marks the beginning of the brand's ‘India 2.0' project. Once launched, the Kushaq SUV will go up against the likes of the Kia Seltos, Hyundai Creta, MG Hector and the Tata Harrier in India.