- 1 hr ago Pratap Bose To Head Mahindra's New Global Design Centre? Here's Everything You Need To Know!
- 2 hrs ago Mahindra XUV700 Spied Testing Ahead Of Its India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 4 hrs ago Honda H’Ness CB350 Prices Hiked Again In India: New Variant-Wise Price List
- 16 hrs ago 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace Facelift Teaser Image Revealed
- Lifestyle Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Things That You Can Donate On This Day
- Technology China Raises Concerns Over Huawei And ZTE Ban From 5G Trials In India
- Finance 10 Best Blue Chip Stocks For Long Term Investment
- News DCGI gives nod for emergency use of DRDO-developed anti-Covid drug
- Movies Aarya, What the Folks, Mom & Co – Five Shows To Binge Watch This Mother’s Day
- Sports Madrid Open: Rohan Bopanna-Denis Shapovalov go down fighting in quarterfinal
- Education CBSE 'Dost for Life' App Launched For Well-being Of Students
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Earlier this year, Skoda globally unveiled its all-new Kushaq SUV in India. The new Skoda Kushaq is the brand's first product to be part of the 'India 2.0 Project'. The SUV also debut's Volkswagen Group's MQB A0 IN platform, developed specifically for the Indian market.
However, according to a video posted on Youtube, the Kushaq has been spotted testing on the road. As seen in the spy video, the SUV is without any wraps. The new Skoda Kushaq is based on the brand's VISION IN concept SUV, first showcased at the Auto Expo 2020.
Coming to the design of the new Skoda Kushaq, the SUV features the brand's latest design philosophy. It comes with sharp and aggressive styling elements all around. The front of the SUV features the brand's signature grille surrounded by chrome. Flanking the grille is a dual headlamp setup with LED projector units with integrated LED DRLs. The headlamp setup features the cornering lights and the turn signal indicators as well.
The side profile of the Skoda Kushaq is characterised by stylish looking 17-inch alloy wheels. The SUV also features a prominent shoulder line, running across its entire length. The car also features silver-finished roof rails and a chrome strip surrounding the windows.
The rear profile continues to carry forward the SUV's sporty design theme. The Kushaq comes with sleek LED tail lights at the back, along with a roof-mounted spoiler with an LED stop lamp. The rear bumper also features silver skid plates, adding a bit of ruggedness to the SUV.
Powering the Skoda Kushaq is a pair of TSI petrol engines. This includes a 1.0-litre TSI unit producing 113bhp and 175Nm of peak torque, paired with either a six-speed manual or a torque-converter automatic transmission. There is also a 1.5-litre TSI unit producing 148bhp and 250Nm of peak torque. It is mated to either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DSG automatic gearbox.
Thoughts On The Upcoming Skoda Kushaq
The Skoda Kushaq marks the beginning of the brand's ‘India 2.0' project. Once launched, the Kushaq SUV will go up against the likes of the Kia Seltos, Hyundai Creta, MG Hector and the Tata Harrier in India.