- 43 min ago Kawasaki Ninja 300 BS6 Deliveries Start In India: Here Are All Details
- 43 min ago Five KTM 490 Motorcycles Coming In 2022: 490 Adventure, 490 Duke, RC 490 & Two New 490 Models
- 1 hr ago Isuzu Reveals Accessories List For The D-Max V-Cross & Hi-Lander Models On Its Website
- 1 hr ago TVS iQube Electric Scooter Sales Expansion To 20 Cities Planned: Here Are All The Details
- Finance Crypto News: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin Price Dips
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Telangana In May
- News PM Modi to interact with 100 district magistrates having high COVID-19 caseloads
- Sports 'Coach Sjoerd Marijne constantly pushes us to excel and out-perform others,' says midfielder Neha Goyal
- Lifestyle Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Things To Donate As Per Your Zodiac Sign
- Movies Eid-Ul-Fitr 2021 Exclusive! Actress Sana Sheikh On Celebrating Ramadan Eid In COVID-19 Times
- Technology Redmi Note 10S Vs Redmi Note 10 Pro Vs Redmi Note 10: Which One Should You Buy
- Education UPSC Civil Services Prelims Exam 2021 Postponed, Exam To Be Held On October 10
Earlier this year, Skoda globally unveiled its all-new Kushaq SUV in India. The new Skoda Kushaq is the brand's first product to be part of the 'India 2.0 Project'. The SUV also debut's Volkswagen Group's MQB A0 IN platform, developed specifically for the Indian market.
However, according to a video posted on Youtube, the Kushaq has been spotted testing on the road. As seen in the spy video, the SUV is without any wraps. The new Skoda Kushaq is based on the brand's VISION IN concept SUV, first showcased at the Auto Expo 2020.
Coming to the design of the new Skoda Kushaq, the SUV features the brand's latest design philosophy. It comes with sharp and aggressive styling elements all around. The front of the SUV features the brand's signature grille surrounded by chrome. Flanking the grille is a dual headlamp setup with LED projector units with integrated LED DRLs. The headlamp setup features the cornering lights and the turn signal indicators as well.
The side profile of the Skoda Kushaq is characterised by stylish looking 17-inch alloy wheels. The SUV also features a prominent shoulder line, running across its entire length. The car also features silver-finished roof rails and a chrome strip surrounding the windows.
The rear profile continues to carry forward the SUV's sporty design theme. The Kushaq comes with sleek LED tail lights at the back, along with a roof-mounted spoiler with an LED stop lamp. The rear bumper also features silver skid plates, adding a bit of ruggedness to the SUV.
Powering the Skoda Kushaq is a pair of TSI petrol engines. This includes a 1.0-litre TSI unit producing 113bhp and 175Nm of peak torque, paired with either a six-speed manual or a torque-converter automatic transmission. There is also a 1.5-litre TSI unit producing 148bhp and 250Nm of peak torque. It is mated to either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DSG automatic gearbox.
Thoughts On The Upcoming Skoda Kushaq
The Skoda Kushaq marks the beginning of the brand's ‘India 2.0' project. Once launched, the Kushaq SUV will go up against the likes of the Kia Seltos, Hyundai Creta, MG Hector and the Tata Harrier in India.