- 56 min ago Ola Electric Scooter Official Images Released: India Launch Slated For June 2021
- 1 day ago Best-Selling Cars In India For February 2021: Maruti Suzuki Continues To Dominate Sales Charts Yet Again!
- 1 day ago BMW M340i xDrive Review (First Drive): The First Locally Assembled 'M' Car
- 1 day ago Renault Kiger Compact-SUV Sales Figures For February 2021: Outsells Nissan Magnite & Ford EcoSport
- Finance SBI vs Axis vs HDFC vs ICICI: Latest Interest Rates On Fixed Deposit Compared
- Movies Shehnaaz Gill Says All The Girls Hit On Sidharth Shukla & They Don't Leave Him Alone
- Sports India Women vs South Africa Women, 2nd ODI: Date, Timing, TV Channel, Live telecast, Live Steaming details
- News Attend Parliament, observe debates: Venkaiah Naidu to MPs
- Technology Week 10, 2021 Launch Roundup: Samsung Galaxy A32, Galaxy XCover 5, Gionee Max Pro, Redmi Note 10 5G And More
- Education Bihar CHO Result 2021 Declared, Check Candidates List For Document Verification
- Lifestyle Unmoda Launches Sustainable Period Underwear On Women's Day
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Skoda has released images of the production-spec prototype model of their upcoming Kushaq SUV for the Indian market. The Skoda Kushaq is the first model to be part of the brand's MQB-A0-IN platform. The new SUV production model can be seen completely camouflaged, however, revealing a few details.
The new Skoda Kushaq is also the first product to be part of Volkswagen Group's ‘India 2.0' project - the responsibilities for which have been handed over to Skoda Auto for the Indian subcontinent. Skoda has also revealed that the world premiere of the Kushaq SUV will take place in India, sometime in March 2021.
The Skoda Kushaq is based on the brand's Vision IN concept, first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo. The final production-spec SUV seems to have been heavily inspired, retaining the aggressive and sharp body lines, along with the vertical slats on the front grille.
It also features LED headlamps with integrated LED DRLs, fog lamps, cornering lamps, 5-spoke alloy wheels, LED taillights, roof rails and many other features and elements.
The mid-size SUV comes with a wheelbase of 2651mm, which gives the Kushaq good presence on the road. The large wheelbase also translates to a spacious cabin, allowing five passengers to be seated comfortably.
While the interiors of the SUV are yet to be revealed, Skoda Auto has stated that the Kushaq will feature a host of equipment as standard. This includes a large touchscreen infotainment system, automatic climate control, adjustable steering wheel with mounted control and many others. Apart from this, the SUV will also come packed with a host of safety equipment as well.
Skoda has revealed that the upcoming Kushaq SUV will be offered with a choice of two engine options. This includes a 1.0-litre and 1.5-litre TSI petrol engines, both of which also powers a number of other models in the Skoda and Volkswagen lineup.
Depending on the engine option, the Skoda Kushaq will also come with multiple transmission options, including a six-speed manual, six-speed torque-converter automatic and a seven-speed DSG automatic gearbox.
The Skoda Kushaq once launched in India, will be sold alongside the brand's Kodiaq and Karoq SUV options. The Kushaq will be positioned in the premium mid-size SUV, allowing it to rival the likes of the Kia Seltos, MG Hector, new Jeep Compass, Volkswagen T-Roc and the Hyundai Creta offerings.
Thomas Schäfer, Škoda Auto CEO, said:
"The launch of our new Škoda Kushaq marks the beginning of a new era for Škoda Auto on the Indian subcontinent. It's the region where we oversee all Volkswagen Group activities within the scope of the India 2.0 project.
The KUSHAQ marks the start of a model offensive consisting of four new mid-size ŠKODA and Volkswagen models. All of these vehicles will be based on the MQB-A0-IN variant of the modular transverse matrix, which Škoda Auto has specifically adapted to meet the needs of the Indian market. I'm very confident that this model will appeal to our Indian customers."
Gurpratap Boparai, Managing Director, Škoda Auto Volkswagen India Private Limited, added:
"The introduction of the all-new Škoda Kushaq is the first of several launches as part of the India 2.0 project. Developed in India with the sophisticated, demanding consumer requirements in mind, the forthcoming launches of models based on the India-specific MQB-A0-IN platform is something we're very proud of."
"The Škoda Kushaq has been built using extensive on-ground intelligence and has been localised to offer tremendous value without any compromise in our legendary quality."
Thoughts On The Skoda Kushaq Production-Spec SUV Images Released
Skoda has finally unveiled the first official images of the production-spec Kushaq SUV. Although camouflaged, the SUV has already created quite a buzz ahead of its world premiere and subsequent launch in the Indian market, later this year.