- 4 hrs ago EV Charger Installation In Delhi Becomes Easier: New Application Process Implemented
- 8 hrs ago HOP Leo & Lyf Electric Scooters Launched In India At Rs 65,500
- 11 hrs ago 2021 BMW S 1000 R Launched In India At Rs 17.90 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio Design Patent Images Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Details
- Movies Pearl V Puri Case: Victim’s Mother Named As Co-Accused; Karishma & Asmita React To Pearl Being Granted Bail
- Sports Euro 2020: Hungary 0-3 Portugal: Ronaldo makes history as holders stage late show
- News Deaths due to COVID-19 in the United States hit 600,000, equal to yearly cancer toll
- Finance Fitch Affirms Adani Ports at 'BBB-'; Outlook Negative
- Technology JioFiber Postpaid Connection And 4K Set-Top Box Launched: All You Need To Know
- Education ISRO Offering 3 Free Online Courses For Students And Professionals
- Lifestyle Sonam Kapoor Ahuja Exudes Vintage Vibes With Her Gorgeous Ivory-Hued Midi Dress; Gives Purse Goals Too!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In June 2021
Skoda India has a couple of models in the pipeline that will be launched soon in the country. This includes the all-new Kushaq that was unveiled by the brand recently. Brand's director for India, Zac Hollins confirms the launch, bookings and delivery timeline for the upcoming SUV.
According to a tweet from Zac, the company will be launch and reveal the prices of the Kushaq by the end of June 2021. Official bookings for the SUV will also begin at the time of launch. The tweet also reveals that Skoda will start deliveries of the Kushaq starting July 2021.
The Skoda Kushaq will be the first product launching under the VW Group's India 2.0 programme. The upcoming SUV has been designed in India to suit the motorists in the country and also heavily localized.
Skoda has modified the world-renowned MQB platform to suit the Indian market. The new platform is called the MQB A0 IN and is relatively longer than the original platform that it is based on.
The company has already unveiled the Kushaq SUV in the Indian market. The pictures of the production-spec SUV gives us a glimpse of expected features, design details and more. Once launched, the Kushaq will be the brand's new entry-level SUV offering.
The Skoda Kushaq's exterior design and features include the brand's distinctive butterfly grille at the front flanked by LED headlamps and fog lamps. dual-tone bumpers with faux skid plates at both ends and all-around body cladding.
Other features include a chrome-finished window line and door handles and a chunky looking alloy wheel, split-style LED taillamp design, SKODA lettering placed in between the two taillamps spanning across the length of the boot lid, roof rails, and a blacked-out with a shark-fin antenna and a spoiler.
On the inside, the Skoda Kusaq SUV will feature a large horizontally stacked touchscreen infotainment system, the brand's cockpit design with a TFT display for the instrument cluster. The infotainment system will support wireless smartphone connectivity such as Apple CarPlay and Android Auto — here are more details.
The Skoda Kushaq is expected to be offered in two engine and transmission options. This includes the lower-spec 1.0-litre three-cylinder TSI producing 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm mated to either a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque converter unit.
The SUV will also be offered with the top-spec 1.5-litre engine TSI four-cylinder engine that churns out 150bhp and 250Nm of torque; mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic as standard.
Thoughts About The Skoda Kushaq India Launch Timeline Revealed
Skoda Kushaq's arrival has been highly anticipated in the Indian market. It will serve as the entry-point to the brand's SUV portfolio in India. Once launched, the Kushaq will rival the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos and the upcoming Taigun; among other mid-size SUV sold in the country.