- News Centre in HC defends IT rule requiring WhatsApp to trace originator of message
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 October 22 Highlights: Junglewasis Enter The Main House After Losing Prize Money Worth Rs 25 Lakh
- Sports Jaismine, Basumatary ease into second round on Day 2 at 5th Elite Women's National Boxing Championships
- Technology Honor X30i Key Features Revealed Via New Leak; Launch Anticipated On October 25
- Finance This Small Cap Plastics Company Announces 2:1 Bonus Issue
- Education UPSC CDS II Admit Card 2021 Released At upsc.gov.in, Here’s How To Download Hall Tickets
- Travel Gujarat's Ten Best Winter Destinations
- Lifestyle Amazing Health Benefits Of Banana For Men: Good For Heart, Sexual Problems And Hair Growth
Skoda starts deliveries of the Kushaq 1.5-litre variant in India. Bookings for the 1.5-litre engine variant of the SUV began at the time of launch. Now, the company have now begun deliveries of the top-spec Kushaq Style variant.
The Skoda Kushaq went on sale on June 28th and has registered sales of over 4,000 units. The mid-size SUV has been Made-in-India and is offered in three variants, two engine options and three transmission options.
The 1.5-litre TSI engine come paired with either a 6-speed manual or a 7-speed DSG transmission.
1.5-litre four-cylinder TSI turbo-petrol
- Max power: 148bhp @ 6,000rpm
- Peak torque: 250Nm @ 3,500rpm
- Max power: 108bhp @ 5,500rpm
- Peak torque: 175Nm @ 1,750rpm
- Skoda's butterfly grille
- LED headlamps
- LED taillamps
- 17-inch dual-tone alloy wheels
- Roof rails
- Faux skid plates
- Integrated roof spoiler
- 10.1-inch infotainment screen
- Semi-digital instrument cluster with MID
- Steering mounted controls
- Ventilated seats
- Climate control
- Android Auto & Apple CarPlay
- Wireless charger
- Rear AC vents
- Electric sunroof
- 6-Speaker Skoda audio system
- Manually-adjustable driver seat
- mySKODA Connect mobile application
The engine also features Active Cylinder Technology (ACT) which automatically shuts down two cylinders when the engine is under less load. This will help increase the overall fuel efficiency of the engine.
The 1.5-litre will return a claimed ARAI mileage of 17.95kmpl for the manual variant and 17.71kmpl for the automatic variant.
The Kushaq currently retails between Rs 10.49 lakh and Rs 17.59 lakh. The 1.5-litre manual and automatic variants cost Rs 16.19 lakh and Rs 17.59 lakh, respectively. All prices are ex-showroom (India) — here are more details.
Commenting on this, Mr Zac Hollis, Brand Director, ŠKODA Auto India, said, "We are extremely thrilled to commence the deliveries of the 1.5L TSI KUSHAQ to customers. The fact that the 1.5L TSI engine can deliver 150 PS and 250 Nm of torque with a fuel efficiency of 17.95kmpl is an incredible testament to the power of TSI and the technologically advanced ACT system."
He further added, "The KUSHAQ is a vehicle specially designed and Made in India. We are overwhelmed by the outstanding response to the car across India. I urge more and more customers to visit our showrooms and test drive the vehicle.''
As mentioned earlier, the Kushaq is offered in a 1.0-litre TSI engine option, which comes paired to either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed torque-converter automatic.
1.0-litre three-cylinder TSI turbo-petrol
Exterior Design & Features
The Kushaq features a bold stance with abundant use of chrome to give the SUV a premium look and feel from the outside. The all-around body cladding enhances the SUV looks of the Kushaq.
Interiors, Features & Technology
The cabin of the Kushaq is well-laid out with a host of features. The dashboard features a multi-layer design with piano-black inserts. The Kushaq borrows the same 2-spoke steering design as seen on the Octavia.
Thoughts About The Skoda Kushaq 1.5-litre Variant
The 1.5-litre variant of the Skoda Kushaq is one of the top performers in the mid-size SUV segment. The inclusion of the DSG gearbox makes the engine much more attractive. However, catering to the enthusiasts, the company has given a manual transmission option as well. This also creates a lower price point for the powerful engine on the Kushaq.
Looking to purchase the Skoda Kushaq? Watch our review video to know more about the Made-in-India mid-size SUV from the brand.