- 1 day ago ‘Built To Order’ Platform Allows For The Customisation Of Apache RR 310; First Batch Sold Out
- 1 day ago TVS Gearing Up For The Launch Of A New Scooter On October 7th; Rumours Point Towards Jupiter 125
- 1 day ago Pravaig Extinction MK2 India Launch First Phase In 2022: To Be Introduced As Fleet Service Initially
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Achieves 10000 Unit EV Sales Milestone; Dominates The EV Segment With 70% Market Share
- Sports Harshal Patel hat-trick wickets in IPL 2021: Pacer becomes third RCB bowler to pick up a hat-trick
- News Punjab CM Charanjit Singh Channi stops vehicle to wish newly-married couple
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11 Grand Finale Highlights: Arjun Bijlani Wins The Show; Divyanka Is The First Runner-Up
- Technology Vivo X70 Pro Plus, X70 Pro Price In India Revealed; Here's How Much The New Flagships Cost
- Finance 8 Countries Where Rupee Is Stronger
- Lifestyle Awareness Talk On The Occasion Of Gynaecological Cancer Awareness Month
- Travel World Tourism Day 2021: 5 Breathtaking Natural Wonders Of The World To See – Part 2
- Education UPSC CSE 2020: IAS Topper Tina Dabi’s Sister Ria Dabi Gets Rank 15 In Civil Services Exam
More than 225 Skoda Auto dealerships will be opened in India soon. Skoda Auto India has revealed plans to open 225+ dealerships across the country before the end of 2022. According to the Czech brand, its dealer network grew by 15% post the launch of its mid-size SUV, the Kushaq. Mirroring this, Skoda is planning to open 5 more showrooms in August.
The new showrooms are set to come up in Bhilai, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Kundli, and Thrissur. Following this, in October, Skoda will open 5 more showrooms in Balasore, Dehradun, Bareilly, Allahabad and Kanpur. This will be followed by six more showrooms by December in Nashik, Dhanbad, Karimnagar, Warangal, Tirupati and Kurnool.
With this, Skoda will complete its target of 150 dealerships by this year-end. For this year, thirty new showrooms were opened in Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities to boost the sales of Skoda cars, which further help Skoda set its roots firmly on Indian soil.
This month, Skoda added a few new dealerships in regions like Sirsa, Patna, Bhopal, Patiala, Kota, Bhilwara, Navi Mumbai, Panvel, Panchkula, Faridabad, Navsari, Vapi, Sangli, and Hardoi. Following this, Skoda has received over 200+ new applications from different parts of the country.
This sudden increase in the number of Skoda dealerships can be attributed to the launch of the Skoda Kushaq. The SUV was launched a month ago and became an instant hit in the segment.
Powering the Skoda Kushaq is a choice of two engines. There is a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine that produces 113.4bhp and a more powerful 1.5-litre turbo-petrol that puts out 147.9bhp.
All variants of the Skoda Kushaq will come with a 6-speed manual transmission as standard, but it can also be specified with a 6-speed automatic on the 1.0-litre variant and a 7-speed DSG on the 1.5-litre variant.
Thoughts On Skoda Auto Opening 225+ Dealerships Across India By 2022
With over 225+ dealerships across the country by the end of 2022 and a strong product line-up, Skoda has the potential to rapidly increase its market share. That being said, Skoda has done everything in its stride to become a serious player in the automotive sector. Now it is up to people to reward the brand's efforts.