- 3 hrs ago Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- 5 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 9 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- 12 hrs ago Skoda Rapid Rider Plus Variant Discontinued In India: Base Automatic Variant Price Increases
- Movies Sidharth Malhotra On Doing Romantic Film With Kiara Advani; 'Everyday I Keep Getting Messages On Social Media'
- Education REET Admit Card 2021 Released, Download At reetbser21.com
- News Cong social media department passes resolution to make Rahul Gandhi party president
- Sports Lewandowski scores again as Bayern Munich routs Bochum
- Finance Airlines To Operate At 85% Of Pre-Covid Domestic Flights: Civil Aviation Ministry
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G Might Discontinued In India Soon
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
- Lifestyle Is Hypertension Linked To Erectile Dysfunction?
Skoda announces its sales figures for July 2021. According to the sales report, the company registers 3,080 units in the last month. The company has registered a massive growth in Month-on-Month and Year-on-Year in July due to the launch of the Kushaq SUV in India.
The company sold 3,080 units, which is 2,346 units less as compared to the sales numbers from June. This translates to a growth of over 320 per cent in monthly sales.
Comparing the numbers annually, Skoda sold 922 units in July 2020, which is 2,158 units less than the July 2021 sales numbers. This has resulted in a Year-on-Year growth of 234 per cent.
Skoda July 2021 Sales (M-o-M Growth)
|July 2021||June 2021||Growth|
Skoda July 2021 Sales (Y-o-Y Growth)
|July 2021||June 2021||Growth|
According to the company, the last time Skoda registered over 3,000 units was 9 years ago. This is was when the brand had launched the Rapid back in 2012 which alone sold 3,246 units. After 9 years, the brand has crossed over 3,000 units of monthly sales due to the launch of the Kushaq.
Mr Zac Hollis, Brand Director - ŠKODA AUTO India, said, "KUSHAQ was launched with the vision of substantially growing our volumes in India, and it is very encouraging to see our plan taking shape. Despite a challenging environment, we have managed to have a really successful launch, which is in line with our strategic focus and volume expectations."
He further added, "Moreover, the new launch has enabled us to build a strong momentum across the value chain. We are seeing a surge in dealership footfalls and customer enquiries. There is also a multi-fold increase in the requests for new dealerships from the dealer fraternity across India.
We are pursuing an aggressive strategy of taking the ŠKODA brand to new and emerging markets across the country, with partners that share our vision of excellence and customer-centricity."
Skoda has received close to 6,000 bookings for the recently launched Kushaq MPV. Currently, the company is delivering the 1.0-litre variant of the SUV. However, the top-spec 1.5-litre variant deliveries are said to being from August 11 — here are all the details.
Thoughts About The Skoda Car Sales Report For July 2021
Skoda has bounced back big time due to the launch of the Kushaq, which caters to the ongoing demand for SUVs in India. The Skoda Kushaq is part of the brand's India 2.0 project and so far, the strategy seems to be working. The company will also start deliveries of the top-spec Kushaq 1.5 this month, which could boost sales further in August 2021.