- 40 min ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launched In India; Powered By R15 Sourced 155cc Engine With VVA
- 4 hrs ago New Yamaha R15 V4.0 Launched In India; R15M And Aerox 155 Launched Along
- 8 hrs ago Audi E-Tron GT Launch Tomorrow; Audi Claims 383 Km Range
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- News US military power must be our tool of last resort, not our first: Biden at UN
- Sports With good balance of youth and experience, head coach Bozidar is confident of CFC’s chances in ISL 2021-22
- Movies Kamya Panjabi Regrets Not Meeting Sidharth Shukla Post Bigg Boss 13, Says ‘We Used To Laugh So Much’
- Education SBI Clerk Prelims Result 2021 Declared, Check Direct Link
- Technology Realme GT Neo2 Price Revealed Ahead Of Launch; New Dimensity 1200AI SoC Variant Also Tipped
- Lifestyle Emma Corrin’s Emmy’s 2021 Costume Is Surprising And There Could Be Salem Witch Trials Angle To It
- Finance How To Choose ELSS Fund To Save Tax And Create Wealth?
- Travel 8 Beautiful Long Drive Routes In India
Skoda announces its sales figures for July 2021. According to the sales report, the company registers 3,080 units in the last month. The company has registered a massive growth in Month-on-Month and Year-on-Year in July due to the launch of the Kushaq SUV in India.
The company sold 3,080 units, which is 2,346 units less as compared to the sales numbers from June. This translates to a growth of over 320 per cent in monthly sales.
Comparing the numbers annually, Skoda sold 922 units in July 2020, which is 2,158 units less than the July 2021 sales numbers. This has resulted in a Year-on-Year growth of 234 per cent.
Skoda July 2021 Sales (M-o-M Growth)
|July 2021||June 2021||Growth|
Skoda July 2021 Sales (Y-o-Y Growth)
|July 2021||June 2021||Growth|
According to the company, the last time Skoda registered over 3,000 units was 9 years ago. This is was when the brand had launched the Rapid back in 2012 which alone sold 3,246 units. After 9 years, the brand has crossed over 3,000 units of monthly sales due to the launch of the Kushaq.
Mr Zac Hollis, Brand Director - ŠKODA AUTO India, said, "KUSHAQ was launched with the vision of substantially growing our volumes in India, and it is very encouraging to see our plan taking shape. Despite a challenging environment, we have managed to have a really successful launch, which is in line with our strategic focus and volume expectations."
He further added, "Moreover, the new launch has enabled us to build a strong momentum across the value chain. We are seeing a surge in dealership footfalls and customer enquiries. There is also a multi-fold increase in the requests for new dealerships from the dealer fraternity across India.
We are pursuing an aggressive strategy of taking the ŠKODA brand to new and emerging markets across the country, with partners that share our vision of excellence and customer-centricity."
Skoda has received close to 6,000 bookings for the recently launched Kushaq MPV. Currently, the company is delivering the 1.0-litre variant of the SUV. However, the top-spec 1.5-litre variant deliveries are said to being from August 11 — here are all the details.
Thoughts About The Skoda Car Sales Report For July 2021
Skoda has bounced back big time due to the launch of the Kushaq, which caters to the ongoing demand for SUVs in India. The Skoda Kushaq is part of the brand's India 2.0 project and so far, the strategy seems to be working. The company will also start deliveries of the top-spec Kushaq 1.5 this month, which could boost sales further in August 2021.