- 3 hrs ago EV Charger Installation In Delhi Becomes Easier: New Application Process Implemented
- 8 hrs ago HOP Leo & Lyf Electric Scooters Launched In India At Rs 65,500
- 11 hrs ago 2021 BMW S 1000 R Launched In India At Rs 17.90 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio Design Patent Images Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Details
- Sports Euro 2020: Hungary 0-3 Portugal: Ronaldo makes history as holders stage late show
- News Deaths due to COVID-19 in the United States hit 600,000, equal to yearly cancer toll
- Movies #20yearsoflagaan: Fans And Media Bring A Unique Wave By Trending #Mylagaan On Social Media
- Finance Fitch Affirms Adani Ports at 'BBB-'; Outlook Negative
- Technology JioFiber Postpaid Connection And 4K Set-Top Box Launched: All You Need To Know
- Education ISRO Offering 3 Free Online Courses For Students And Professionals
- Lifestyle Sonam Kapoor Ahuja Exudes Vintage Vibes With Her Gorgeous Ivory-Hued Midi Dress; Gives Purse Goals Too!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In June 2021
The government of India recently approved the Production Linked Incentive (PLI) scheme for 'National Programme on Advanced Chemistry Cell (ACC). While this news might not gain the prime-time slot in news channels, it definitely grabs our attention as it will help our country grow in the right direction towards the EV revolution.
Under this new scheme, the government of India is aiming to achieve a 50-GWh manufacturing capacity of ACC and 5-GWh ‘Niche' ACC with an overall expense of Rs 18,100 crore. This new scheme will not only help in acquiring huge investment and create job opportunities, but it will also improve our country's self-reliance.
At present, a majority of batteries in India are imported and the total import cost of these batteries accounts for almost Rs 20,000 crores. This move will accelerate the battery production sector in India and reduce our dependence on many other nations.
These ACC batteries are used in electronics, EVs, solar energy storage, advanced electricity grids, etc. We can expect these sectors to experience a wave of growth soon. The government has confirmed that the ACC battery storage manufacturers will be selected through a transparent competitive bidding process.
After the selection, the manufacturer must get the manufacturing facility commissioned within two years and the incentives will be disbursed throughout the next five years. The proposed incentives are designed to increase factors like specific energy density and cycles, and local value addition.
Initiatives like this will further accelerate the EV industry in India, which at present is in its budding stage. The move will also reduce the overall cost of manufacturing EVs in India as a big chunk of the manufacturing cost of an EV is linked to its battery pack.
Thoughts On Production Linked Incentive Scheme For ACC Batteries
The Production Linked Incentive scheme for ACC batteries will help the indian economy in creating jobs and huge business opportunities. It will also vastly improve self-reliance and reduce the cost of EVs in India, thereby accelerating the growth of the EV sector in India.