- 2 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 3 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 3 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 4 hrs ago FAME II Certification Validity Extended: Will It Benefit EV Market In India?
- Sports IPL 2021: A bitter pill to swallow: David Warner after SRH’s six-run loss to RCB
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan Turns Playback Singer For Hey Sinamika; Pictures Take Social Media By Storm!
- News Pakistan working on single-dose COVID-19 vaccine with China’s help: Official
- Technology Alleged Oppo Reno6 5G Key Specifications Leak; To Feature Dimensity 1200 SoC, 64MP Quad-Camera
- Finance How to find IFSC Code?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
- Lifestyle Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
Renault introduced their first compact-SUV, the Kiger in the Indian market last month. The Renault Kiger compact-SUV offering retails at a starting price of a little below Rs 6 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Now, almost a month after its launch, the company has revealed that they have registered 3,226 units of compact-SUV during the month of February 2021. The Renault Kiger has managed to receive a good response in the market, especially considering the demand and level of competition in the segment it is positioned.
At the end of February 2021, the Renault Kiger has already managed to slot itself as the fifth best-selling compact-SUV in the Indian market. It has also managed to outsell its cousin, the Nissan Magnite which is positioned lower down in eighth on the top-10 list.
|Rank||Model||February 2021||February 2020||Growth (%)|
|1||Maruti Vitara Brezza||11,585||6,866||69|
|9||Toyota Urban Cruiser||2,549||0||-|
The Renault Kiger slots below the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Hyundai Venue, Kia Sonet and the Tata Nexon, occupying the top-4 slots on the list, respectively. The Vitara Brezza and Hyundai Venue are closely positioned registering 11,585 units and 11,224 units, respectively. The Kia Sonet is third with 7,997 units while the Tata Nexon has registered a 104 per cent yearly growth to record 7,929 units of sales last month.
The Renault Kiger has also managed to overtake the likes of other popular SUVs in the segment, such as the Mahindra XUV300 and the Ford EcoSport. The Nissan Magnite has, however, managed to beat the sales of the Toyota Urban Cruiser (rebadged Maruti Vitara Brezza) in ninth, while the Honda WR-V finishes the top-10 list.
Both the Renault Kiger and the Nissan Magnite are powered by the same engine. These come in the form of a 1.0-litre NA petrol and a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol unit, paired with multiple manual and automatic gearbox choices. We've driven the Renault Kiger at the time of launch — here are our first impressions of the compact-SUV offering.
Thoughts On The Renault Kiger Sales In The Indian Market
The Renault Kiger seems to have gotten off to a flying start. With deliveries for the compact-SUV now in full swing, we expect the Kiger to further improve on its sales figures, which could even displace some of its more established rivals in the segment.