- 3 hrs ago DAO Vidyut 106, Vidyut 108 & ZOR 405 Slow-Speed Electric Scooters Launched In India
- 5 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Spied Testing Without Wraps Ahead Of Its Launch In India
- 5 hrs ago CFMoto 650NK BS6 Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Will Rival The Triumph Trident 660
- 6 hrs ago TVS iQube Electric Scooter Sales Cross 1,000 Units Milestone: Demand For EVs Increase
- Movies Bigg Boss 14's Eijaz Khan Surprises Pavitra Punia On Her Birthday; Couple Enjoy Intimate Celebration At Home
- Sports IPL 2021: Sunrisers Hyderabad pacer T Natarajan ruled out of tournament due to knee injury - Reports
- News EC bans roadshows, bike rallies in Bengal; public meetings restricted to 500 people
- Finance HDFC and ICICI Pension Fund's Equity Fund Top In NPS Return Chart
- Education Tips To Improve And Strengthen Logical Reasoning Skills
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In April 2021
- Lifestyle Ramadan 2021: Gauahar Khan’s Embroidered Blue Lucknowi Kurti Is All You Need To Ace Festive Look
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A22 Renders Leaked; Design, Triple Cameras Tipped
Renault introduced their first compact-SUV, the Kiger in the Indian market last month. The Renault Kiger compact-SUV offering retails at a starting price of a little below Rs 6 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Now, almost a month after its launch, the company has revealed that they have registered 3,226 units of compact-SUV during the month of February 2021. The Renault Kiger has managed to receive a good response in the market, especially considering the demand and level of competition in the segment it is positioned.
At the end of February 2021, the Renault Kiger has already managed to slot itself as the fifth best-selling compact-SUV in the Indian market. It has also managed to outsell its cousin, the Nissan Magnite which is positioned lower down in eighth on the top-10 list.
|Rank||Model||February 2021||February 2020||Growth (%)|
|1||Maruti Vitara Brezza||11,585||6,866||69|
|9||Toyota Urban Cruiser||2,549||0||-|
The Renault Kiger slots below the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Hyundai Venue, Kia Sonet and the Tata Nexon, occupying the top-4 slots on the list, respectively. The Vitara Brezza and Hyundai Venue are closely positioned registering 11,585 units and 11,224 units, respectively. The Kia Sonet is third with 7,997 units while the Tata Nexon has registered a 104 per cent yearly growth to record 7,929 units of sales last month.
The Renault Kiger has also managed to overtake the likes of other popular SUVs in the segment, such as the Mahindra XUV300 and the Ford EcoSport. The Nissan Magnite has, however, managed to beat the sales of the Toyota Urban Cruiser (rebadged Maruti Vitara Brezza) in ninth, while the Honda WR-V finishes the top-10 list.
Both the Renault Kiger and the Nissan Magnite are powered by the same engine. These come in the form of a 1.0-litre NA petrol and a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol unit, paired with multiple manual and automatic gearbox choices. We've driven the Renault Kiger at the time of launch — here are our first impressions of the compact-SUV offering.
Thoughts On The Renault Kiger Sales In The Indian Market
The Renault Kiger seems to have gotten off to a flying start. With deliveries for the compact-SUV now in full swing, we expect the Kiger to further improve on its sales figures, which could even displace some of its more established rivals in the segment.