- 3 hrs ago Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- 18 hrs ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- 19 hrs ago Rs 18,100 Crore Production Linked Incentive Scheme For ACC Batteries Approved
- 19 hrs ago Yamaha R7 Images Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Global Reveal On 18 May
- News Goa Medical College: Oxygen supply streamlining, says Health minister; Toll reaches 83
- Sports Former Saurashtra cricketer, BCCI referee Rajendrasinh Jadeja passes away due to COVID-19
- Movies Amazon India Launches MiniTV – A Free Video Streaming Service
- Technology Looking For COVID-19 Vaccine Slot? These CoWIN Tips Might Be Useful
- Lifestyle On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan, And Sanju
- Finance Post Office Vs Bank Deposits: Why Post Office Is Better Choice?
- Education IIIT-Delhi Announces Season 5 Of The Summer Camp For Government School Students
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
Renault introduced their first compact-SUV, the Kiger in the Indian market last month. The Renault Kiger compact-SUV offering retails at a starting price of a little below Rs 6 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Now, almost a month after its launch, the company has revealed that they have registered 3,226 units of compact-SUV during the month of February 2021. The Renault Kiger has managed to receive a good response in the market, especially considering the demand and level of competition in the segment it is positioned.
At the end of February 2021, the Renault Kiger has already managed to slot itself as the fifth best-selling compact-SUV in the Indian market. It has also managed to outsell its cousin, the Nissan Magnite which is positioned lower down in eighth on the top-10 list.
|Rank||Model||February 2021||February 2020||Growth (%)|
|1||Maruti Vitara Brezza||11,585||6,866||69|
|9||Toyota Urban Cruiser||2,549||0||-|
The Renault Kiger slots below the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Hyundai Venue, Kia Sonet and the Tata Nexon, occupying the top-4 slots on the list, respectively. The Vitara Brezza and Hyundai Venue are closely positioned registering 11,585 units and 11,224 units, respectively. The Kia Sonet is third with 7,997 units while the Tata Nexon has registered a 104 per cent yearly growth to record 7,929 units of sales last month.
The Renault Kiger has also managed to overtake the likes of other popular SUVs in the segment, such as the Mahindra XUV300 and the Ford EcoSport. The Nissan Magnite has, however, managed to beat the sales of the Toyota Urban Cruiser (rebadged Maruti Vitara Brezza) in ninth, while the Honda WR-V finishes the top-10 list.
Both the Renault Kiger and the Nissan Magnite are powered by the same engine. These come in the form of a 1.0-litre NA petrol and a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol unit, paired with multiple manual and automatic gearbox choices. We've driven the Renault Kiger at the time of launch — here are our first impressions of the compact-SUV offering.
Thoughts On The Renault Kiger Sales In The Indian Market
The Renault Kiger seems to have gotten off to a flying start. With deliveries for the compact-SUV now in full swing, we expect the Kiger to further improve on its sales figures, which could even displace some of its more established rivals in the segment.