- 13 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 15 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 16 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 1 day ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar January 17 Highlights: Salman Khan Reveals No One Will Be Eliminated This Week
- Sports Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: Stalemate keeps Red Devils top of Premier League
- News Parliament panel summons Facebook and Twitter officials on Jan 21
- Technology Motorola Nio Design Tipped Via Leaked Hand-On Images; To Flaunt Dual-Slefie Camera Module
- Lifestyle 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Renault will be launching a new SUV in the Indian market called the Kiger. The company already showcased the concept of the upcoming compact-SUV in November 2020. Renault has now announced that the final production version of the Kiger will be revealed globally on January 28, 2021.
The concept form of the Renault Kiger revealed several exterior design details that are expected to make its way on to the production form. This includes the split-headlamp design where the LED DRLs will be placed next to the grille and the main units placed on the bumpers.
Other exterior features include a split-tail lamp design, scuff plates at both ends, roof rails, all-around body cladding, dual-tone alloy wheels and more. The Kiger will feature aggressive styling with a bold stance.
Ahead of its launch, the Kiger compact-SUV has been spied several times testing in the country. The latest set of soy images reveals that the compact-SUV will be offered with a factory-fitted sunroof. It will be an appealing factor for buyers in the segment — here are all details.
The Renault Kiger will share its platform and the engine with the recently launched Nissan Magnite SUV in the Indian market. The Kiger SUV will be based on the CMF-A+ platform that is currently used in the Renault Triber from the brand's line-up.
On the inside, the Kiger is expected to come packed with a host of features, enhanced connectivity, and convenience. This includes a multifunction steering wheel with mounted controls, and climate control system; among others.
It is also expected to feature a fully-digital instrument cluster, and a large screen for the infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand's latest form of connected technology.
In terms of powertrain, the Kiger will be offered in a similar setup as the Nissan Magnite SUV. The new Nissan Magnite is available with a choice of two petrol engine options. The low-spec 1.0-litre naturally-aspirated petrol engine producing 71bhp and 96Nm of torque, paired with a five-speed manual gearbox.
The other engine options available includes a top-spec 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine churning out 99bhp and 160Nm of peak torque, mated to either a five-speed manual or a CVT automatic transmission.
The Renault Kiger will be the newest entrant to a long list of compact SUVs available in the country. As a result, the company is expected to price the Kiger aggressively to give it the initial sales boost. It could be launched starting for Rs 5 lakh, ex-showroom, placing it alongside its main rival, the Nissan Magnite.
Thoughts About The Renault Kiger Global Premiere Date Officially Revealed
The Renault Kiger will cater to the growing demand for compact SUVs, turbo-petrol engines, automatic transmission options and a sunroof in the country. However, the pricing of the upcoming SUV will decide its success in the Indian market.
Once launched, apart from the Magnite, the Renault Kiger will rival the Hyundai Venue, the Tata Nexon, the Ford EcoSport and the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza; among others sold in the Indian market.