- 10 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 11 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 11 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 12 hrs ago FAME II Certification Validity Extended: Will It Benefit EV Market In India?
- Movies Vakeel Saab Day 6 Box Office Collection: Here’s How Much Pawan Kalyan Starrer Has Earned So Far
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Days 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Mobiles
- Sports IPL 2021: Glenn Maxwell likens Royal Challengers Bangalore role to one at Australia
- News Boris Johnson shortens India visit as Covid cases spiral
- Finance How to find IFSC Code?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
- Lifestyle Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
Renault recently launched the much-awaited Kiger compact-SUV in the Indian market at a starting price of Rs 5.45 lakh for the base and the top-spec RXZ X-Tronic CVT variant retails at Rs 9.55 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India). The company also started accepting bookings across India for a token amount of Rs 11,000. However, deliveries for the Kiger will begin on 3 March 2021 at dealerships across the country.
The Renault Kiger compact SUV is offered in a total of four variants: RXE, RXL, RXT, and RXZ. The Kiger will also be offered in six exterior colours: Ice Cool White, Planet Grey, Moonlight Grey, Mahogany Brown, Caspian Blue and Radiant Red. All these colours are offered as a dual-tone paint scheme option as well. The dual-tone paint scheme offered on the compact-SUV attracts a premium of Rs 17,000 over the single tone scheme.
India will be the first market for the Renault Kiger compact-SUV. The new Renault Kiger will be manufactured at the French carmaker's facility in Chennai. The production of the Kiger will take place alongside the likes of the Renault Kwid, Renault Triber and the Nissan Magnite; all of which use the same CMF-A+ platform.
Mechanically, the Renault Kiger will be offered with a couple of engine and transmission options. This includes 1.0-litre (NA) Naturally-Aspirated petrol and turbo-petrol units. The NA engine produces 72bhp of power and a peak torque of 96Nm and it comes mated to either a five-speed manual or an AMT automatic. On the other hand, the powerful turbo-petrol unit pumps out 100bhp of power and a peak torque of 160Nm and is mated to either a five-speed manual or a CVT automatic gearbox.
Thoughts About The Renault Kiger Compact SUV
The Renault Kiger has been priced very aggressively and the company is hoping for excellent sales figures coming from the Kiger due to the increase in demand for SUVs, turbo-petrol units and automatic transmissions. The Kiger is now the most affordable SUV in the segment and goes up against the likes of the Hyundai Venue, Tata Nexon, Ford EcoSport, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Nissan Magnite, Kia Sonet, Mahindra XUV300 and the Toyota Urban Cruiser In India.