- 19 min ago Jawa Gifts Mayur Shelke A Motorcycle For His Bravery: Read More About It!
- 2 hrs ago 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLA Pre-Bookings Open In India Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- 3 hrs ago Ola Announces Hypercharger Charging Network For Its Electric Two-Wheelers: Details & More!
- 4 hrs ago Toyota Announces Temporary Production Halt For Maintenance Work: Here Are All Details
- Finance Banks Gain After RBI Caps Dividend Payment For FY21
- Movies Kubbra Sait Mourns Actor Amit Mistry’s Loss, Says ‘You Will Be Missed On Earth’
- Sports IPL 2021: Partnership with Kohli gets it right for Padikkal
- News Cannot afford a mask: Man sports bird’s nest to collect pension at govt office
- Technology First Look At iPhone 13 Mini; Familiar Design With Better Upgrades?
- Education KVS Admission 2021 For Class 1 Merit List Delayed
- Lifestyle Kamada Ekadashi 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In April 2021
Renault has announced the start of sales and deliveries for its newly launched Kiger compact-SUV in the Indian market. The company also announced the delivery of 110 units of the Kiger SUV to their respective customers across India on the first day of sales commencement.
The Renault Kiger went on sale in India on the 15th of February. The compact-SUV offering from the French carmaker is offered in a range of four main variants: RXE, RXL, RXT and RXZ. Prices for the new sub-4-metre SUV starts from Rs 5.45 lakh and goes all the way to Rs 9.55 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Renault Kiger is based on the CMFA+ platform, which also underpins the latest-iteration Kwid, as well as the Triber MPV in the brand's lineup. The Kiger SUV comes powered by two petrol engine options. This includes a 1.0-litre NA and 1.0-litre turbo-petrol units.
The 1.0-litre naturally-aspirated petrol engine produces 76bhp and 91Nm of peak torque. The 1.0-litre turbo-petrol unit churns out 99bhp and 160Nm of peak torque. Both engines are mated to a standard five-speed gearbox as standard. The NA petrol comes with an optional AMT transmission while the turbo-petrol engine receives a CVT gearbox choice as well.
Venkatram Mamillapalle, Country CEO & MD, Renault India Operations said
"With Kiger, Renault has successfully launched yet another breakthrough product, targeted at the core of Indian's automotive market. We thank our customers for their encouraging response on Kiger and our dealer partners for their immense support."
He further added, "Following Duster, which made SUVs accessible to a large set of people, not just in India but across the world, Renault Kiger is all set to make SUV aspirations accessible to a whole new set of customers. We look forward to welcoming more customers into the Renault family with this new game-changer."
The Renault Kiger is positioned below the brand's Duster offering in the SUV segment. The Kiger is manufactured locally with India being its first market, before being exported to other countries in the future. The Renault Kiger takes on the likes of the Nissan Magnite, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Kia Sonet and the Hyundai Venue; among others.
Thoughts On The Renault Kiger Compact-SUV Deliveries Pan-India
The Renault Kiger has gotten off to a flying start in terms of sales in the Indian market. With deliveries now having begun, it will be interesting to see how the Kiger will disrupt the competitive SUV segment in the Indian market.