- 13 hrs ago Toyota Land Cruiser India Launch Delayed: 4 Year Waiting Period
- 17 hrs ago Kawasaki Z650RS 50th Anniversary Edition Will Soon Come To India: No Mechanical Updates
- 20 hrs ago Adani Group May Foray Into EV Business In India: Trademark Registered
- 1 day ago Tata Tiago CNG Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- News Subhas Chandra Bose 125th birth anniversary: PM Modi to unveil hologram statue of iconic freedom fighter today
- Lifestyle Scientists Develop New AI Model To Discover Genetic Risk Factors For Motor Neurone Disease
- Movies Bhaukaal 2 Star Rashmi Rajput On Preparations For Her Character: I Had To Put Up 10 Kgs EXCLUSIVE
- Sports West Indies cruise to nine-wicket victory in first T20I with England
- Education Karnataka SSLC Preparatory Exams 2022 Schedule Announced, Download KSEEB Class 10 Preparatory Date Sheet Here
- Finance This Large Cap Company To Consider Interim Dividend Payment
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In North India In Winter Of 2022
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Specifications Leaked; Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC Tipped
Jaguar Land Rover India launches the Range Rover Sport SVR in India at Rs 2.19 crore, ex-showroom. The SVR is now the range-topping variant of the Range Rover Sport and can be booked on the brand's website or dealerships across the country.
The Range Rover SVR is available in a host of exclusive colour schemes with multiple finishes that the customers can choose from. However, it is available in one fully-loaded trim. The SUV arrives as a Completely Built-Up (CBU) unit in India.
Engine, Transmission & Performance
The highlight of the SVR variant is its engine. The SUV is powered by a massive 5.0-litre supercharged V8 petrol engine paired with an 8-speed Automatic Transmission. Power is sent to all four wheels with Land Rover's revolutionary Terrain Response system as standard.
- Max power: 567bhp @ 6500rpm
- Peak torque: 700Nm @ 5000rpm
- Accelration (0 to 100kmph): 4.5 seconds
- Top speed: 283kmph
There are five manual Terrain Response settings: Comfort, Grass/Gravel/Snow, Mud and Ruts, Sand, and Eco. The SVR continues to feature an Electronic Air Suspension which provides exceptional wheel articulation and poise. The air suspension works in conjunction with the respective ride modes.
The SVR variant features a sportier stance as compared to other models in the Range Rover Sport's line-up. This includes vents designed to improve brake cooling. Body-colored detailing at the rear and an SVR badge also help to identify the SVR.
- LED headlamps with DRLs
- LED taillamps
- Carbon-fibre inserts on bootlid
- SVR badging
- 21-inch alloy wheels
- Black contrast roof
Interiors Features & Technology
As mentioned before, the sporty theme of the SVR has been carried on the inside as well. The lightweight SVR Performance seats offer an enhanced driving posture and provide comfort on long journeys. The supportive seats also create more rear legroom.
- 19-speaker Meridian Surround audio
- Dual-channel subwoofer
- 10-inch infotainment touchscreen
- 10-inch instrument cluster
- Touchscreen for climate control and seat heating
- Panoramic sunroof
- Steering wheel with paddle shifters
- Dual-tone leather-finished dashboard, steering & seats
The Range Rover SVR comes loaded with a host of safety features including a driver condition monitor and a 360-degree camera.
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
- Electronic Traction Control (ETC)
- Cornering Brake Control (CBC)
- Roll Stability Control (RSC)
- Emergency Brake Assist (EBA)
- 8 airbags
The company also provides a host of optional safety packs to choose from including Drive Pro Pack and Park Pro Pack; among others.
Thoughts About The Range Rover Sport SVR Launched In India
The Range Rover SVR strikes a perfect balance between performance, luxury and handling. The Range Rover is known for its sporty nature. However, the SVR take it up a notch to provide the thrill around every corner in this large SUV. The Range Rover Sport SVR rivals the Mercedes-Benz GLE and the BMW X5 M Sport.