- 15 hrs ago MG Astor Bookings Opened: First Batch Gets Sold Out Within 20 Minutes
- 18 hrs ago Mahindra XUV700 Crosses 65000 Bookings In Just Two Weeks
- 1 day ago Yamaha Force 2.0 Launched In Taiwan
- 1 day ago Limited-Edition Toyota Innova Crysta Launched In India: Comes With HUD, 360-Degree Camera, And More Features
- Technology Flipkart Big Diwali Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Smartphones
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 Oct 21 Highlights: Shamita & Nishant Get Into Huge Argument; Jay Objects To Losing Price Money
- Sports Brand El Clasico is bigger than brand Messi: Fernando Sanz
- News We shouldn't expect favourable outcome in every round of border talks with China: Gen Naravane
- Lifestyle What Is Scream Therapy? Read About How Horror Movies Can Benefit Your Mental Health!
- Finance Citibank Today Revised Its Interest Rates On FD: Here’s What You Can Get Now
- Travel Best Winter Destinations In Andaman And Nicobar Islands
- Education 7th Pay Commission News: 3 Per Cent DA Hike For Central Government Employees, Pensioners Ahead Of Diwali
Bangalore-based electric vehicle start-up, Pravaig Dynamics, has revealed the India launch plans of its electric car, the Extinction. The company will begin the first phase of launch by introducing 2,500 cars for fleet services in 2022.
In phase 2, which is scheduled for 2023, Pravaig will roll out 1 lakh cars and will be made available to private buyers in Bangalore and Delhi. Finally, phase 3 scheduled for 2025 will include the production of 1 million cars at its manufacturing facility in Bangalore.
As mentioned earlier, the fleet service will be provided by Pravaig via a smartphone application. The service aims to offer a premium chaffer experience with luxurious interiors. During the presentation, the company also claims that the rear legroom will be more than the Mercedes-Benz Maybach sedan and will also have a similar rear-seat experience.
Pravaig also announced that the Extinction MK2 will be equipped with Level 2 ADAS features, which will be further enhanced on the upcoming cars.
Along with the introduction of the technologies used in Pravaig's electric car, they also showcased various vendors involved in manufacturing. This includes Nvidia, Devise, and Devialet; among others. Tyres for the electric car will be provided by CEAT.
The company has also revealed that the manufacturing of the car will be completely localized along with the battery pack. However, since the cells are yet to be manufactured in India, they will be imported from neighbouring countries.
The battery packs are manufactured in-house using the cell wire bonding machine, which is similar to the technology used in Tesla cars and Ola electric scooters.
Speaking about the car itself, the complete specs of the car is yet to be revealed by the company. However, we know that the car will produce a maximum power of 201.5bhp and a peak torque of a whopping 2400Nm.
Coming to the range, the Extinction MK2 is claimed to feature a maximum driving range of 504km on a single battery charge. The electric motor is expected to be paired with a 96kWh battery pack, that can be charged from 0 to 80 per cent in under 30 minutes via a DC fast charger.
The electric car is can accelerate from 0 to 100kmph in 5.4 seconds. It will continue to accelerate to a top speed of 196km/h, which is expected to be electronically limited. We can also expect the car to feature multiple drive modes along with various levels of regeneration braking and smartphone connectivity; among others.
With the addition of regen braking technology, it could improve the driving range for enhanced practicality as well. The company could also introduce the MK1 in multiple variants with varying battery packs offering different levels of performance.
The Extinction MK2 will look similar to the MK1 that we have witnessed earlier. The overall design of the car will be focused on aerodynamic efficiency and achieve the lowest air drag co-efficient possible, which will help with enhanced performance.
Thoughts About The Pravaig Extinction MK2 India Launch First Phase In 2022
Pravaig has showcased its India launch phase-wise plans for the Extinction MK2. The company is looking to collect data by launching the car to fleet services initially. However, the electric car will be available for private buyers starting from 2023.
The overall package looks promising and will come loaded with tech and premium features as well. Whether this will translate to the actual production form remains to be seen.