- 3 hrs ago Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- 18 hrs ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- 19 hrs ago Rs 18,100 Crore Production Linked Incentive Scheme For ACC Batteries Approved
- 19 hrs ago Yamaha R7 Images Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Global Reveal On 18 May
- News Goa Medical College: Oxygen supply streamlining, says Health minister; Toll reaches 83
- Sports Former Saurashtra cricketer, BCCI referee Rajendrasinh Jadeja passes away due to COVID-19
- Movies Amazon India Launches MiniTV – A Free Video Streaming Service
- Technology Looking For COVID-19 Vaccine Slot? These CoWIN Tips Might Be Useful
- Lifestyle On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan, And Sanju
- Finance Post Office Vs Bank Deposits: Why Post Office Is Better Choice?
- Education IIIT-Delhi Announces Season 5 Of The Summer Camp For Government School Students
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
The Chief Designer of Tata Motors, Pratap Bose has resigned from his post in the company. Pratap Bose is responsible for designing many successful cars in the brand's portfolio. The company states that Pratap is currently serving his notice period.
An internal memo was circulated earlier this week within the Tata Group states, "Pratap Bose has decided to leave for better opportunities. He will proceed on leave for his remainder of (his) tenure."
Martin Uhlarik, Head of UK Design Centre, Tata Motors will be taking over duties from Pratap Bose in the company. Mr Uhlarik has now been appointed as the Head of Design, Tata Motors with immediate effect.
Pratap Bose was responsible for designing some of the important cars from the brand. This includes the Tiago, Tigor, Nexon, Harrier, Altroz and the all-new Safari. The upcoming cars such as the HBX has also been developed under his guidance.
These Tata cars are responsible for a total turnaround of the brand's car design. The Tiago started the revolution with a fresh design from the brand. The design had a more impact when the brand launched its first compact SUV, the Tata Nexon.
The Hexa is another revolutionary model from the brand that took a rugged approach to the MPV's design. However, with the launch of Harrier and its split-style front fascia, the SUV stood apart from its segment rivals in the market.
The same was repeated with the launch of the Altroz, which also had a fresh design as compared to the crop of premium hatchbacks present at the time of its launch.
Guenter Butschek, CEO & MD, Tata Motors, said, "I am delighted to announce the appointment of Martin Uhlarik as the new Global Design Head of Tata Motors. Martin is an experienced automobile designer with deep domain knowledge of design, keen understanding of international trends and extensive operational experience with leading automobile companies in several geographies."
He further added, "His rich experience and expertise will inspire our teams to further enhance our vehicle design philosophy and language. I take this opportunity to also thank Pratap for his services and wish him the best for the future."
Thoughts About The Pratap Bose Resigning As Tata Motors Design Head
Pratap Bose was responsible for the brand's exceptional design turn around of its cars. Over the years, Tata Motors introduced a host of vehicles that have been designed under his guidance. The peak of Pratap's design came with the introduction of the Nexon, Harrier and the Altroz in the market.