- 5 hrs ago New Lexus NX SUV Revealed Globally: India Launch Likely
- 8 hrs ago New Driving Licence Rules: Here’s How To Apply Learner Licence Online
- 10 hrs ago Audi e-Tron Arrives At Showrooms; India Launch On The Cards!
- 12 hrs ago Ather 450X Prices Dropped By Rs 14,500 Due To FAME II Scheme Incentives Revision: Details
- Sports Cilic relishing Stuttgart final with Auger-Aliassime
- News Eligible population in some Jharkhand villages including naxal-affected fully vaccinated
- Finance These Companies/Groups Top The List Of Most Valuable Brands Of India In 2021
- Movies YouTuber Bhuvan Bam Loses Parents To COVID-19; Pens Heartbreaking Note - 'Lost Both My Lifelines To COVID'
- Technology Vivo V21e 5G India Launch Tipped; Key Features To Check Out
- Education THE Asia University Rankings 2021: List of Indian Universities In Times Asia Rankings 2021
- Lifestyle International Albinism Awareness Day 2021: What Is Albinism? Causes, Symptoms And Treatments
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In June
The Porsche 911 Turbo S has won the World Performance Car of the Year 2021 award. Porsche has yet again bagged another World Performance Car award with the latest Porsche 911 Turbo S. It is also the seventh time Porsche has taken this award home since the award's official introduction in 2004.
The winner for the 2021 World Performance Car award was selected by 93 distinguished automotive journalists from 28 countries. To achieve this award, the Porsche 911 Turbo S had to tackle the immensely stiff competition from both the Audi RS Q8 and Toyota GR Yaris, which were the finalists.
The 992 generation Porsche 911 Turbo S is one of the fastest accelerating vehicles in the world with 0-100km/h done in just 2.8 seconds. This mind-numbing acceleration is the courtesy of efficiently channelling 650hp and 750Nm from its 3.8-litre flat-six, turbocharged petrol engine through an 8-speed PDK transmission and a trick all-wheel-drive system.
With the 911 Turbo S, it isn't just about the acceleration, but is about the way the power is put down to the tarmac even in tight corners. It handles well and drives brilliantly, leading the jury to select it as the winner of the prestigious World Performance Car of the Year 2021 award.
Dr Frank-Steffen Walliser, Vice President of Product Lines 911 & 718 was quoted as saying, "We could not be more excited to accept this award, which represents the eighth instance of Porsche winning a World Car Awards title." He further added, "The Porsche 911 Turbo S is the peak of performance and luxury from Porsche, a fact this recognition underscores. With the new generation 992, we continue to push the boundaries."
Thoughts On Porsche 911 Turbo S Winning The World Performance Car Of The Year 2021 Award
The Porsche 911 Turbo S is generously wrapped in leather and luxury like a GT car, capable of crossing continents at an astonishing pace while making sure its driver and occupants are least stressed. This, combined with the fact that it accelerates almost like a hypercar, makes it deserving of the World Performance Car of the Year title.