- 3 hrs ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launched In India; Powered By R15 Sourced 155cc Engine With VVA
- 6 hrs ago New Yamaha R15 V4.0 Launched In India; R15M And Aerox 155 Launched Along
- 11 hrs ago Audi E-Tron GT Launch Tomorrow; Audi Claims 383 Km Range
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- Sports IPL 2021: Rajasthan Royals pacer Kartik Tyagi ecstatic after match-winning final over against Punjab Kings
- Technology Flipkart Big Billion Days Sale 2021: Realme, Poco, Samsung, Oppo, Motorola Planed To Launch New Smartphones
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11 Winner Is Arjun Bijlani? Netizens Congratulate The Naagin Star Ahead Of KKK 11 Finale
- News Afghanistan crisis, China's assertiveness, ways to contain terrorism to figure in Modi-Biden talks
- Finance 2 Stocks To Buy By HDFC Securities For Potential Upside Up To 54%
- Education SBI Clerk Prelims Result 2021 Declared, Check Direct Link
- Lifestyle Emma Corrin’s Emmy’s 2021 Costume Is Surprising And There Could Be Salem Witch Trials Angle To It
- Travel 8 Beautiful Long Drive Routes In India
Piaggio Vehicles Pvt Ltd launches the new ApeHT three-wheelers in India at Rs 2.24 lakh, ex-showroom (starting price). The three-wheelers are offered in a couple of variants along with petrol and CNG fuel options.
Variants & Pricing
- Cargo (Petrol): Rs 2.24 lakh
- Cargo (CNG): Rs 2.45 lakh
- Passenger (CNG): Rs 2.55 lakh
All prices are ex-showroom (India)
Design & Features
The Ape HT cargo range features sleek graphics on the doors along with a halogen headlamp and turn-signal indicator integrated into one cluster.
- Analogue instrument cluster
- Safety doors
- Aluminium clutch
- 235mm ground clearance
Engine & Mechanicals
The Ape' HT range is powered by a 300cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine that is offered in both petrol and CNG fuel options. The engine comes paired to a 5-speed gearbox with reverse gear as standard.
- Max power: 11.4bhp @ 4,200rpm
- Peak Torque: 22.35Nm @ 2800rpm
The company claims the CNG variant to return a mileage of 38km/kg and features a 60-litre CNG tank along with a 2.8-litre fuel tank.
Suspension duties on the three-wheeler are handled via helical spring at the front and rubber spring at the rear. The cargo range is available in 3 variants with 5.0 ft, 5.5 ft and 6.0 ft deck length options for varied load requirements and usages. Additionally, the company claims that the new aluminium clutch features a lifespan of 30,000km.
Ape' HT range comes with a class-leading warranty of 5-year/1,50,000kms in the Petrol cargo and 3-year/1,00,000kms in the CNG passenger and cargo variants. Additionally, Piaggio is also providing a Special AMC package called the 'Super Saver' that offers 6 free periodic maintenance services.
Mr Diego Graffi, Chairman & MD, Piaggio India Pvt. Ltd., said, "At Piaggio, we believe in providing path-breaking solutions in the last mile transportation segment with best in class technology offerings to our customers. The new 300 cc Engine is developed in India with technical support from Piaggio Italy. The engine is being manufactured in India in a new state of the art of assembly line. This product is a result of a robust new product development process that we follow at Piaggio based on consumer insights at the conceptualization stage. With the launch of this HT range, we aim to further strengthen our position in the alternate fuel segment space."
Thoughts About The Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India
The Piaggio Ape is a well-known brand in the three-wheeler market with a larger customers base in India. The launch of the CNG models will offer more value with an enhanced milage, which will attract more customers to the brand looking for a light commercial vehicle or a cargo three-wheeler.