- 16 hrs ago ‘Built To Order’ Platform Allows For The Customisation Of Apache RR 310; First Batch Sold Out
- 21 hrs ago TVS Gearing Up For The Launch Of A New Scooter On October 7th; Rumours Point Towards Jupiter 125
- 23 hrs ago Pravaig Extinction MK2 India Launch First Phase In 2022: To Be Introduced As Fleet Service Initially
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Achieves 10000 Unit EV Sales Milestone; Dominates The EV Segment With 70% Market Share
- Sports IPL 2021: Batsmen gave us good feedback on bowling right lengths against RR, says DC pacer Nortje
- News Yogi Adityanath cabinet in Uttar Pradesh to be expanded
- Movies When John Abraham Revealed How Shah Rukh Khan Reacted When He Rejected Farah Khan's Happy New Year
- Technology Week 39, 2021 Launch Roundup: Realme Narzo 50i, HUAWEI Nova 9 Pro, iQOO Z5, Realme GT Neo2, And More
- Finance Stablecoins Vs Altcoins: Difference Between Stablecoins And Altcoins
- Lifestyle From Suits To Skirt Sets, Divyanka Tripathi Dahiya Has Fashion Goals For Every Occasion
- Travel World Tourism Day 2021: 5 Breathtaking Natural Wonders Of The World To See – Part 2
- Education UPSC CSE 2020: IAS Topper Tina Dabi’s Sister Ria Dabi Gets Rank 15 In Civil Services Exam
Piaggio Vehicles Pvt Ltd launches the new ApeHT three-wheelers in India at Rs 2.24 lakh, ex-showroom (starting price). The three-wheelers are offered in a couple of variants along with petrol and CNG fuel options.
Variants & Pricing
- Cargo (Petrol): Rs 2.24 lakh
- Cargo (CNG): Rs 2.45 lakh
- Passenger (CNG): Rs 2.55 lakh
All prices are ex-showroom (India)
Design & Features
The Ape HT cargo range features sleek graphics on the doors along with a halogen headlamp and turn-signal indicator integrated into one cluster.
- Analogue instrument cluster
- Safety doors
- Aluminium clutch
- 235mm ground clearance
Engine & Mechanicals
The Ape' HT range is powered by a 300cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine that is offered in both petrol and CNG fuel options. The engine comes paired to a 5-speed gearbox with reverse gear as standard.
- Max power: 11.4bhp @ 4,200rpm
- Peak Torque: 22.35Nm @ 2800rpm
The company claims the CNG variant to return a mileage of 38km/kg and features a 60-litre CNG tank along with a 2.8-litre fuel tank.
Suspension duties on the three-wheeler are handled via helical spring at the front and rubber spring at the rear. The cargo range is available in 3 variants with 5.0 ft, 5.5 ft and 6.0 ft deck length options for varied load requirements and usages. Additionally, the company claims that the new aluminium clutch features a lifespan of 30,000km.
Ape' HT range comes with a class-leading warranty of 5-year/1,50,000kms in the Petrol cargo and 3-year/1,00,000kms in the CNG passenger and cargo variants. Additionally, Piaggio is also providing a Special AMC package called the 'Super Saver' that offers 6 free periodic maintenance services.
Mr Diego Graffi, Chairman & MD, Piaggio India Pvt. Ltd., said, "At Piaggio, we believe in providing path-breaking solutions in the last mile transportation segment with best in class technology offerings to our customers. The new 300 cc Engine is developed in India with technical support from Piaggio Italy. The engine is being manufactured in India in a new state of the art of assembly line. This product is a result of a robust new product development process that we follow at Piaggio based on consumer insights at the conceptualization stage. With the launch of this HT range, we aim to further strengthen our position in the alternate fuel segment space."
Thoughts About The Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India
The Piaggio Ape is a well-known brand in the three-wheeler market with a larger customers base in India. The launch of the CNG models will offer more value with an enhanced milage, which will attract more customers to the brand looking for a light commercial vehicle or a cargo three-wheeler.